Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What exactly are Connected Services and Lexus Link app?

I have Premium Nav 2018 NX300h F-Sport and am a bit confused about what 'Connected Services' I have - if any.

I have set up a Lexus account and this seemed to activate things like Street View, Google search, Speed Cameras, Petrol prices etc (See attached) Theses 'Services' are available for the next three years so I can only assume they are current from when activated rather than when the car was purchased new (In which case, not activated by the previous owner?) 

What I don't understand is how to get connected to the car via the 'Link' app. I was assuming I could monitor the cars whereabouts, check whether it is locked and see fuel levels etc. Currently the app recognises my car and I can send destinations to it but it have to pin its location manually within the link app. Also when I go into phone app settings page, I see my cars details VIN, registration and multimedia ID but also a spiny time wheel at the top of the screen that just keeps turning. 

When I go to Connected Services Centre within the phone app it tells me under the 'Available' tab that I am not eligible for these services and have don't have any 'Connected Services' and when I click the 'Activated Tab' it says I currently have no 'Connected Services'Perhaps someone could help me understand exactly what I have and how to connect with the car through the phone Link app.

Thanks in advance..

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 20.14.17.png

1 hour ago, Bigscreen said:

I have Premium Nav 2018 NX300h F-Sport and am a bit confused about what 'Connected Services' I have - if any.

I have set up a Lexus account and this seemed to activate things like Street View, Google search, Speed Cameras, Petrol prices etc (See attached) Theses 'Services' are available for the next three years so I can only assume they are current from when activated rather than when the car was purchased new (In which case, not activated by the previous owner?) 

What I don't understand is how to get connected to the car via the 'Link' app. I was assuming I could monitor the cars whereabouts, check whether it is locked and see fuel levels etc. Currently the app recognises my car and I can send destinations to it but it have to pin its location manually within the link app. Also when I go into phone app settings page, I see my cars details VIN, registration and multimedia ID but also a spiny time wheel at the top of the screen that just keeps turning. 

When I go to Connected Services Centre within the phone app it tells me under the 'Available' tab that I am not eligible for these services and have don't have any 'Connected Services' and when I click the 'Activated Tab' it says I currently have no 'Connected Services'Perhaps someone could help me understand exactly what I have and how to connect with the car through the phone Link app.

Thanks in advance..

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 20.14.17.png

Hi Phil,

Happy new year. I feel that you may have reached the limit of the connected services on your 18NX. I'm guessing you do not have a WiFi hotspot in the car? I think that is a make or break for more types of connected service such as seeing where the vehicle is in real time and analysing your driving etc.  Your vehicle is probably too old for that?

The main function you have is to send destinations to the car from a PC (this can be useful). On my 2021 RX i can see where the car is, but i can not see fuel level for instance.

If it is any consolation i do not think you are missing that much. We have had an NX in the family since 2015 and it has been absolutely faultless.

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul, appreciated. The car does have WiFi hotspot but it is currently connected to my home WiFi for experimentation. If I have reached the limit of connectivity, fair enough, I’m loving everything else about the car.

Any other NX owners care to chip in? Is there no way to connect phone to car to lock doors, see fuel, see location etc? 

41 minutes ago, Bigscreen said:

Thanks for the reply Paul, appreciated. The car does have WiFi hotspot but it is currently connected to my home WiFi for experimentation. If I have reached the limit of connectivity, fair enough, I’m loving everything else about the car.

Any other NX owners care to chip in? Is there no way to connect phone to car to lock doors, see fuel, see location etc? 

Hi Phil,

This page seems to suggest you need a late 19NX for the additional connected services.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/lexus-link-connected-services/?lexReferrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F#lexus-link-app-questions

Paul

1 hour ago, PDM said:

Hi Phil,

This page seems to suggest you need a late 19NX for the additional connected services.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/lexus-link-connected-services/?lexReferrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F#lexus-link-app-questions

Paul

Thanks again Paul.

Yes that was one of the pages I checked out but didn't drill down far enough (Lots of confusing (For me anyway) info out there. The attached from that page answers my question and might help other new owners who are a bit confused.

I have just come from Jaguar ownership with inControl app so wrongly assumed the Lexus Link might be similar. I now realise the NX does not appear to have its own sim for means of communicating with the 'Mother Ship' so can sort of understand its limitations. At least I'm a little wiser now 👍..

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 14.14.17.png

My connect services shows location of my car and last Journey and my mileage thats about it. on a 2021 car. oh and past Trips.

Edited by Dave 2951
forgot something

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links