Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 hours ago, Razor61 said:

If the one in Oldham isn’t suitable then there is an SE-L for sale in Cheadle which is not far from Oldham. Private seller and it looks pretty good, beige leather though.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112220743701

Thanks for the heads up mate. Had seen this and intended to see it as a plan B if I was in the area. With the revelation the guy in Oldham is a snake oil merchant though I’ll be holding off until something else comes up.

I read his advert for that car and it stated MOT'd till Feb 23. So how was the car? Is he still on a plot of land very close to an old mill which I believe is going through a major refit into flats shops etc and a dodgy looking small garage at the bottom of the whole plot?

1 minute ago, Mr Vlad said:

I read his advert for that car and it stated MOT'd till Feb 23. So how was the car? Is he still on a plot of land very close to an old mill which I believe is going through a major refit into flats shops etc and a dodgy looking small garage at the bottom of the whole plot?

I never went, he’d said he wasn’t available so had planned to go Tuesday. With what you’ve said though I won’t be going. Sadly dodgy MOTs are more common than people think, could be anything wrong with it underneath so it’s back to the waiting game which is driving me nuts! 

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

So you got yours from there Marky and you at your own cost had to sort out a few minor problems. That's ok But the car I got was in its 5th month of extended MOT due to covid etc. I was blind to that, my stupidly. Booked mine in with Lexus Stockport for a service and MOT but they phoned me and said they'd Not MOT it as they'd have to fail it for a weeping/leaking shock absorber. I phoned the seller numerous times before I got through and his response was that he wasn't interested and wouldn't cover the costs or even partially cover them. So my car cost me a further near £600. What else has it cost me? £200 to get rid of as many of the thousands of scratches on it. Other than that fuel and the cost of a service plan. Overall my car is brilliant after I sorted it. 

I did not trust the MOT and service record that the car was supposed to have so put it in for an MOT right away. It passed except for a daylight running light being dodgy and i do not think that is even part of the test. It did have a broken mirror housing which was not there when viewed, cost £90 for a second hand one, and the "service" had not changed any air filters so probably not done? When is not, buying a car privately, a gamble?IMG_7893_HEIC.thumb.jpg.cacbc8260fe8fffe995cf95705c385e2.jpg 

18 minutes ago, markeyszoo said:

I did not trust the MOT and service record that the car was supposed to have so put it in for an MOT right away. It passed except for a daylight running light being dodgy and i do not think that is even part of the test. It did have a broken mirror housing which was not there when viewed, cost £90 for a second hand one, and the "service" had not changed any air filters so probably not done? When is not, buying a car privately, a gamble?IMG_7893_HEIC.thumb.jpg.cacbc8260fe8fffe995cf95705c385e2.jpg 

Always a gamble but it’s the thought of another massive journey to come home empty handed. 

the guy just sounds dodgy so going to go with my gut. The waiting is killing me though.

19 minutes ago, markeyszoo said:

Also a very nice motor! 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112300901767?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=6500&postcode=g445la&model=IS 250&page=1&radius=200&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

just posting this in the off chance anybody on here had been to see this and could save me a 6 hour round trip if it’s one to avoid? 

21 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202112300901767?advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=6500&postcode=g445la&model=IS 250&page=1&radius=200&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance

just posting this in the off chance anybody on here had been to see this and could save me a 6 hour round trip if it’s one to avoid? 

Looks Good. MOT history looks A1 too.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175108426265 - This one might be worth a look, it's Cream leather but not too far from where you are. 

Had a look at the MOT history, looks fine but there's an advisory for a small exhaust leek 2 years running. Could use that to get a decent discount. 

38 minutes ago, eleveneleven said:

Looks Good. MOT history looks A1 too.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175108426265 - This one might be worth a look, it's Cream leather but not too far from where you are. 

Had a look at the MOT history, looks fine but there's an advisory for a small exhaust leek 2 years running. Could use that to get a decent discount. 

Appreciate you doing that for me mate. I’ve already enquired about this one but it’s a kind gesture.

hoping I can get in touch with the guy for the poulton one as that looks good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links