Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NX 350h Takumi Test Drive today 8th February 2022

NX 350h Takumi Test Drive today 8th February 2022

Hello to one and all i test drove the NX 350h Takumi today at my Dealers

Before I give my thoughts I will be referring to the Toyota RAV4 Excel awd I purchased in 2019 because The 2022 NX design is based on the Toyota RAV4  and I can confirm certain things between the two cars 

The dealer said I had 2hrs I was on my own for the test run First impression the car has  

a very strong presence. The cabin was superb the car had a sun roof for me at 6 foot I didn't have a lot of head room, the dash had the 14in touch screen very clear although I didn't try i was shown Hi Lexus voice commands ( or any name you want to set up ) turn on heating/ seat heating ect which all worked flawless the screen map was even showing every traffic lights location ,map was default not apple car play . My test run was built up/ country roads/ motorway. I started in eco mode and like the RAV4 the NX was in EV mode  80% of the time at  30mph it went into EV mode whenever it could, next  normal mode and like the RAV4 very quick, 60 mph and lifting my foot slightly off gas resulting in EV mode again ( the salesman said it will engage  EV mode at up to 70mph which I can confirm with RAV4 . 60mph normal mode the cabin very quite . Coming on to the motorway in Sports mode a big grin from me yes the engine notes rise but the speed from 50/70 mph all the power anyone needs goes lick s**t off a stick 

Motorway  cruise control, normal mode at 70mph the cabin is hushed and Quiet , the cars response  was very Quick at any speed in normal mode and sports mode it was raring to go. took the car back early after 30 miles I didn't need anymore proof to quote Whatcar   " put simply, we can’t remember another model of a car that has improved so much from one generation to the next. The latest NX really is a night-and-day improvement over the car it replaces." I agree 100% 

The seating in the Takumi was slightly firmer than my ordered 

Lexus NX 350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link pro]

but I could live with the Takumi but not the price 

Fact. My 2yrs with the RAV4 ( let down for me by uncomfortable seat) . Mpg solo around town in eco mode 45mpg winter rising to 53/54 mpg in summer normal driving town and country  56/7 mpg . The Best ever achieved mpg . summer motorway the conditions very hot day AVERAGE SPEED Camera road works speed restrictions 50 mph for 12 Miles. Cruise control  and ECO MODE selected for the road works then switch to normal 67 mpg showing on screen  and two people in the car  when we got home the mpg for the run 64mph average, it was a 200 mile motorway trip and 70mph when possible all on cruise control . so very confident I will see a vast improvement from my NX 2021 once i trade . I asked build time having placed my  order  23rd November 2021  July 2022 he said " it's not showing at the factory but once it goes in to build it will move early June 

I hope this review helps

The photo is a Lexus NX 350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link pro 

Sold waiting for March 1st so it was locked I believe it's the SONIC WHITE Beautiful paint finish  

the car just  stopped me  in my  tracks i really can't describe how I felt  I was stunned such a Beautiful car 

843677A4-F23C-4AD1-AFB6-B8C3E87F4E1D.thumb.jpeg.4f4bdab0c6edcbaadc4d5c488178b7cf.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A note to add to my NX review . The boot liner ( genuine Lexus direct parts) from my NX 350h 2021  is a good fit on the boot of the 2022 NX  i took for a test drive. if you were to cut out the anchor point on the 2021 boot liner, a little short but acceptable for me . The floor mat drivers side not at all it would be a danger to use 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links