Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is GS300 mirror auto dimming?

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to connect Garmin Mini dashcam with the rearview mirror power source using this Dongar USB adapter.

https://dongar.tech/products/10pin-type-b-lexus-toyota

Will be a very clean installation if possible. However I’m not sure if the mark 3 is compatiable. It says on the website that as long as the rear view mirror is the auto-dimming type, it should work. Is that the case for the GS300 Mark 3? 

Thanks!

Pretty sure it should be. If you look at bottom of the mirror, there should be an “auto” button to override (turn off the dimming). If it’s there, then it definitely is auto dimming.

I may be wrong bur arnt Dash cams 5 volt  they have  USB connection where the mirror supply is 12 v but thnking about  maybe the dimming side is 5 volt Check it out mark

55 minutes ago, KayCee said:

I may be wrong bur arnt Dash cams 5 volt  they have  USB connection where the mirror supply is 12 v but thnking about  maybe the dimming side is 5 volt Check it out mark

Yeah, the dash cam will be 5 volt. The adaptor that the OP links to will drop the Voltage from 12 to 5. That adaptor is pretty neat to be fair, a tidy way of hooking into power. The need for the dimming mirror isn’t the 5v as such, it’s the fact a non dimming mirror won’t have the power connector to plug the adaptor into.

• Like 1

Lexus Hull fitted my Next Base Dash cam They run a wire (apparently) from the Fuse Box (pass Side) installed a Voltage drop Gizmo run wire up a Pillar to dash cam . I wish i had got one of those i could have done it my self I have seen those  mirror adapters on the American Sites i didnt know we could get them here good on you Mark for finding them Here i am sure it will help other Members

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links