Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus GS450h Blown Inverter Replaced still no start

Hi All, 

So yesterday I was driving home and just as I accelerated quite hard for an overtake, I hear a mild pop from under the hood, a strong smell of rotten eggs followed and the car rolled to a stop. It wouldn't start back up. I managed to get it towed back home and upon inspection this morning, I could smell the strong odour from the inverter. After opening and seeing that this had burnt out, I went ahead and got a replacement from a lexus breaker and fitted this in together with replacing the orange fuse at the back Battery pack as well as a 7.5 fuse under the hood. However now, even after the replacement, I am unable to get the car into ready mode and it doesn't move, the warnings I get on the dash with most of the lights are firstly check PCS and then when I put it into drive, check vgrs with an image of a steering wheel with arrows showing clockwise and anti-clockwise. I can hear break buzzes when I put my foot on the brake however no further progress. A kind AA man came and plugged his computer in and the following codes showed, he said no other codes were showing under any of the other menus. Any ideas what might be the issue?IMG-20220302-WA0017.thumb.jpg.feab9f149c3c1aa53a7aeb5d66406ce5.jpg

Turn the stering wheel fully clockwise and then fully anticlockwise to initialise the steering. Some models have a few other items to initialise.

Check also for all the supplies and grounds to the inverter. You need a full circuit diagram, if do not have one, Autodata are extremely good, very clear, straight connections with all colours and very clearly legible and very easy to read and follow.

Chris.

As I told you on another forum, very likely hybrid ECU - a few reports of the inverter taking it down when it blows up. The errors kinda point towards that conclusion. The Battery fuse at the back.. doesn't really fail.

Quick update, manages to get the car connected to techstream and got the same codes under the engine ecu however was getting errors when trying to connect to the hybrid ECU as well as TRC and a couple of other ecus. Hopefully the hybrid ecu replacement solves these.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links