Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Cross Bars are now available

• 4 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Bish1402 said:

They look different to the USA ones, the USA ones arr a lot sleeker and rounded. 

Yes, I wasn’t sure what to expect.

I am really pleased that they have a channel in them because my old UX Thule Aero Bars had a channel for my Kayak holders and I am guessing they will transfer over to these bars😬

Only downside could be that they are quite narrow - especially the back - so I may struggle to get both Kayaks on at once. Watch this space!

This was them on the UX:

20F3C82F-B304-4917-AA1C-CC2FB6F91C80.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Any luck with the two kayaks?  I'm hoping to fit a kayak and my roof box, and wondering whether to go with the Lexus bars which are shorter, or wait for the Thule-provided feet so I can fit my Thule bars from my previous NX, which extend further out (similar to the UX picture above).

On 8/15/2022 at 12:36 PM, André R said:

Any luck with the two kayaks?  I'm hoping to fit a kayak and my roof box, and wondering whether to go with the Lexus bars which are shorter, or wait for the Thule-provided feet so I can fit my Thule bars from my previous NX, which extend further out (similar to the UX picture above).

I haven’t tried putting two Kayaks on the Lexus bars as I feel they are too short for that.

I sold my Thule Hull-A-Port J Bar carriers last week and I still have the Thule Dock Grip horizontal carrier that allows me to single-handedly load the Kayak from the rear.

When we moved the Kayaks a couple of weeks ago we made 2 trips.

Size (width) of your Kayaks is also a factor - mine are Hybrids so quite wide. Sea Kayaks are usually narrower than mine. 

If I was younger I would wait for the Thule and carry two on the roof. Given how much higher than the UX the NX is, and the relative shortness of me and my wife, plus we are in our 60’s….. I am happy not to be lifting the Kayak into the J bar….

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links