Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is the IS250 f SPORT the same as the standard car behind the grille ?

The reason i ask, swapped for an F sport grille which obviously is just mesh, compared to the non F sport which is not, and dont allow much air flow.

My point being, dont want affect anything electrical that was once covered by the standard grille.

Sorry for yet another grille question, just curious.

9 hours ago, Texas said:

So long as you do not have ACC ( Adaptive Cruise Control) 

But that would be fitted instead of the badge, so I assume it would be quite obvious when replacing the grille?

Mine dont have that, just basic.

Glad i asked questions and appreciate all the help.

Personal opinion, far better than the one i took off.

Lexus UK was cheapest for the part. 

C573947C-7341-405D-81DA-658186B6BBB7.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

How much was it, because ebay sellers want laike £140-£180... It definitely looks much better, I am looking to do this to my car once mechanical part is complete

FIY pre-facelift " f sport " grills are ~£80 on eBay. 2009+ are much more expensive.

I guess you put it in quotes, because they "f-sport" look alike? I didn't know there was actually difference between pre-face lift and face-lift grilles, would be interesting to know what they are. As well I could not find any f-sport grille below £140, even the aftermarket ones. Unless you literally mean like "mesh" grilles.

Hello

It was £186.00, that included shipping.

As mentioned, this one was harder to get a hold of, 2009 and 2010.

There were others slightly cheaper on eBay at that time, 2 sellers in Eastern Europe but shipping added a lot more on.

They would only match the price from Lexus UK, hence just got it from there.

It was a bit awkward really, Lexus picked up on the fact this part dont match my number plate so were a bit reluctant to send it out. I spoke to a guy down there and explained everything and then he was ok with it.

I assume they sell quite a few as they went out of stock fast and then i had to wait for another batch.

They may get tired of folk ordering the wrong one and wanting to send it back, maybe.

Seen them a lot cheaper for earlier cars.

PS, info from another thread that someone may find useful, saved me buying the wrong one!!

2006-08, 2009-10, and 2011+ all have different grilles and surrounds. None of them are interchangeable

2009-10 insert:

Part Number: 53112-53140 With out Pre-Crash

Part Number: 53112-53160 W/Pre-Crash

2011-13 insert:

Part Number: 53112-53220 (old but still available some places)

Part Number: 53112-53902 (new)

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I guess you put it in quotes, because they "f-sport" look alike? I didn't know there was actually difference between pre-face lift and face-lift grilles, would be interesting to know what they are. As well I could not find any f-sport grille below £140, even the aftermarket ones. Unless you literally mean like "mesh" grilles.

I will tell you what they are.

All vids on youtube i saw were pre-facelift, looked a straight forward job. Take off weather strip, undo bolt at the top of the grille in the middle, take out 2 plastic push fittings either side at the top of the grille and pull it out. Then undo bolt/screws (cant remember what they were) holding chrome surround to original grille.

I got a surprise when i did all the above and it wouldnt come out 🤣. After a bit of messing noticed there was 4 nuts holding the grille in, good job i didnt get all frustrated and yank it even harder, would have broke it. Then when i got it out there was no screws/nuts holding the chrome surround to the grille, it just clipped together.

Biggest worry was the final pull of the grille out the car, couldnt see any more bolts at the bottom but was not sure and didnt want to snap something. Anyways, it came out with a gentle tug.

Learning curve, no vids for this one.

Pic of bolt/nut on each side of grille x4 to assist anyone else with an 09/10

grille22 new.jpg

grille4 new.jpg

• Like 1

Nice result.👍Any plans to do the lower grille as well?

Not sure if its a direct fit or what and I guess it's not as visible, but the lower one on an F-Sport also has the same mesh effect.

20180421_135337.thumb.jpg.ba3b2036e8c8081b22dece06b5f2e853.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Yeah exactly - F-Sport look alike. 

Like Sean said, 2009-2010 cars have a different grill & 2011+ have another variant and sadly they aren't interchangeable. My friend has a 2009 (Facelift) and bought pre-facelift "F-Sport" (05-08) grill thinking she will just swap the grill while retaining the surround but it's a different shape.. won't work. See the vid she sent me. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links