Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Sensors not working

My Car was not used for a month as I went abroad. However, when I returned back I realised that the reverse sensors of the car stopped working. The car no longer beeps when closing an obstacle. I was so reliant on it that I was almost about to hot another car while parking, but did not... Has anyone experienced the same issue? and what should I do to resolve it ? Visit Lexus service center? 

38 minutes ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

My Car was not used for a month as I went abroad. However, when I returned back I realised that the reverse sensors of the car stopped working. The car no longer beeps when closing an obstacle. I was so reliant on it that I was almost about to hot another car while parking, but did not... Has anyone experienced the same issue? and what should I do to resolve it ? Visit Lexus service center? 

They haven't been accidentally turned off? 

8 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

They haven't been accidentally turned off? 

Hmm, did not think about it. Can they be turned off? I checked the settings from OEM and the settings were correct. Is there any other way i could have turned them off?? Oh no while writing it back to you I guess I have disabled the parking while getting the car washed by automatic machine at shell… will check it first thing tomorrow…. Maybe that is the reason… thanks for your help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

Hmm, did not think about it. Can they be turned off? I checked the settings from OEM and the settings were correct. Is there any other way i could have turned them off?? Oh no while writing it back to you I guess I have disabled the parking while getting the car washed by automatic machine at shell… will check it first thing tomorrow…. Maybe that is the reason… thanks for your help.

Location of switch as per post above and you should get the parking sensor indicator light on in the instrument cluster when switched on. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Location of switch as per post above and you should get the parking sensor indicator light on in the instrument cluster when switched on. 

Yes, indeed the issue was me turning it off at first place... It is working after turning the button on....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

Yes, indeed the issue was me turning it off at first place... It is working after turning the button on....

Good to hear it was the easy fix

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

My Grandson likes to open the boot. I nearly hit something after he'd pressed my sensors button by mistake! Always check the green light is on now.

You could always disable the valvet button in glove box, this will kill the boot switch, but you will need to remember to disable it or you won't be able to get into the boot 🤣

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links