Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jap Imports

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! My first post here, I just found your site yesterday and have been really impressed. I am based in Japan (although British) and run Rexis Auto. (www.rexis.co.uk) this is not a plug, but if anyone does have problems with parts or insurance please mail me as we have quite a lot of contacts in those fields.

Anyway, currently I own a GTO but an really thinking of getting the Soarer 2.5 Twin turbo, I have always though that is was a beatifull car. I have driven them, but if anyone owns one, I would really like to hear what you think!

Cheers!

Richard

• 3 months later...

Hi Rexis,

I have a Soarer Twin Turbo with hybrid turbos (28/30psi max boost) aiming for 450bhp@flywheel.

Even stock these are amazing cars, big, fast, luxurious, rare'ish in the UK, with the old stock turbos and 15psi boost I got a sub 6sec 0-60 and that is with the slow take off & powerdown gearchange built in to the autobox.

If you want more TT info or just see the pics have a look at my site dedicated to the TT.

SoarerTT Website

mytt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, that looks good! Actually since the last post, I started looking around at Lexus' more and actually bought a LS400 (Celsior) as a kind of impulse buy... mistake! I do really like it, but the audio is too good so it seems like such a waste ripping it out to install my own!

Oh, also I meant to say that we have a list of insurance companies that are import friendly, so if you would like a copy please mail me on rhughes@rexis.co.uk or it may be on one of the company sites (www.rexis-cars.co.uk or www.rexis.co.uk) I am not sure if you guys mind me mentioning insurance companies and stuff here, but Tesco is actally one of the most competeive.

Oh and I had a test drive in the new Soarer the other day, thats really a pretty special car too!

Rich.

but Tesco is actally one of the most competeive.

Tesco Insurance's claim policy is that your car will only be treated as a total loss (ie written off) if the cost to repair the vehicle is more than 60% of the value of the car.

This means, as in my case, that they are prepared to make up to £14000 worth of work on my 7 week old IS, rather than issue me with a new car.

This was my own insurance company, in a case where the accident was not my fault (liabiity was admitted in one week).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links