Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 

Sorry to start another 'wiper blades' topic... 

Despite many efforts and some research, I still have no idea how to remove my LS 460's wiper blades

The current blades seem to be a less normal type. They have a small section that opens above what I think is the hook. I open that but can get no further - can't find a button or tab to press in, can't slide blades along, can't find any videos of similar blades and don't know what this type of blade is called...!

Could anyone point me in the right direction, before I admit defeat and take car to Halfords

Best, 

Oli

IMG_20220508_141158.jpg

IMG_20220508_141133.jpg

3 minutes ago, OJWM said:

Hi all, 

Sorry to start another 'wiper blades' topic... 

Despite many efforts and some research, I still have no idea how to remove my LS 460's wiper blades. 

The current blades seem to be a less normal type. They have a small section that opens above what I think is the hook. I open that but can get no further - can't find a button or tab to press in, can't slide blades along, can't find any videos of similar blades and don't know what this type of blade is called...!

Could anyone point me in the right direction, before I admit defeat and take car to Halfords? 

Best, 

Oli

IMG_20220508_141158.jpg

IMG_20220508_141133.jpg

any good ?  

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

any good ?  

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, no - have encountered that video on my travels but it isn't for my type of wiper blade

11 minutes ago, OJWM said:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, no - have encountered that video on my travels but it isn't for my type of wiper blade. 

Give Paul Frost a phone call at Lexus Spares Direct and ask him.

Mobile phone 07590 072646

Cotton Hall Street
Darwen
BB3 0DW
England

• Like 1

Looks to me like one of those that you have to lift the wiper arm as far as you can, then angle the wiper blade just so before pulling it to release from the wiper arm. I had some blades like that fitted to my LS430 and it took me ages to get them off. There might also be a clip underneath that you have to press in for it to release.
I have never understood why manufacturers make it so damned difficult and fiddly to fit windscreen wipers. Do they expect us to get the dealer to do that for us too?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links