Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I nearly bought an S class...

B-shaw557

But I bought an LS430 instead, and now I'm here. 

I'm Toby, 33 from Wolverhampton. 

A brief car history;

Mini Mayfair 
Mini clubman 
Mk2f Polo coupe 
Mk2f Polo breadvan 
Mk2 Polo saloon 
Some disgusting american thing 
Ph1 clio sport 
Octavia VRS estate
Porsche 944
Saab 9-5 estate
Saab 9-5 Aero estate
Volvo v70 

A lot of which I never got on the road, but yeah 🤣

Some pics of my faves 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I still have the clio, It's a weekend/track toy kinda car 
Which brings me to the Lexus, the reason I'm here 

Up until a couple of years ago, I was using the clio daily. It started to bug me and I was ruining it over winter with the salt etc, So I decided I needed a daily. 
In came the 1st Saab, then I got distracted and bought an Aero, which was silly fast for its size but the fuel was crippling, so I got the V70.
Then I changed jobs, the V70 mpg was no longer needed as my regualr trip to work is now on my bike down the canal.
Decided I wanted a V8 and some silly luxuries, 1st I thought S class but got put off by parts costs and reliabilty issues. A few people pointed me in the direction of a Lexus and now we here... 

spacer.png
spacer.png

It has a few issues I need to sort but it was cheap and ticks many of the boxes.
I'm sure going off my previous cars you can guess this wont stay standard for very long, infact I already picked some wheels up for it 🤣

I'll get a build thread sorted for it too 

If anyone is interested, my instagram is bshaw557 
www.instagram.com/bshaw557

• Like 3

excellent choice of big V8 car for you  ......  the Ls430 could last you for ever, tiny mileage really with any issues sorted 

my daily user cars over the last 22 years   ..  in addition to my gf's cars too .......  her's presently a 2006 Honda Legend :thumbsup:

mine

Mk1  Ls400

Mk2  Ls400

Mk3  Ls400    since 2011 and now on 238k miles     previous cars for many years I used from my secondand car sales business from Saab to RR to WRX to lots of other marques:yahoo:

you have to enjoy all you have in life ......  it's important

Malc

• Like 1

Toby, just mentioning about regular issues with the Ls430 

change the radiator every 100k miles / 10 years to avoid destroying the gearbox with water ingress ?

cambelt waterpump pulleys etc are also due every 100k miles 

issues with air suspension sometimes ..... if you're unlucky ....  BUT   the first two are quite essential 

Good luck

Malc

if you pop the thread into the main Ls430 forum posts you'll get more people looking and helping you ...............  ask a Mod to pop it over maybe !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links