Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mini Review of XTRONS Head Unit for the IS250

@ahmed24

Are you using the gps antenna you received with the Teyes cc3 or the factory one with adapter?

And for the radio, can we you use the factory antenna too? We just read that people using it that way and it's good thnx!!

On 3/10/2023 at 2:16 PM, Alternet said:

Do you know if there is a way to make this app come up when you press the climate control buttons instead of the bottom screen pop up? Or is there a way to put a short cut to this on the main screen? I know its nit picky and won't keep me from ordering the CC3, but Im just curious if its possible.

No the climate app is inside the vehicle settings app. So to open it as a shortcut you'd have to find out what the app intent shortcut is then create a custom rule. Too much hassle for an app I never open. Everything you can do in that app is controlable through the physical buttons on the frame so I have no idea why someone would want to use the climate app. I understand the occasional need to just do specific things but everything is controllable from the buttons.

How does the screen do in super cold whether. It regularly gets to -40C (-40F) here in winter. Will the screen be usable still or will it just glitch out or be too frozen up to use? (i plan to get the 2k screen upgrade as well if that makes a difference)

I have no idea how it will do in -40C temperatures. We dont get anywhere near that here. lowest i've ever seen here in London was minus 7 or 8.

Also does Teyes ever have any sales? Last thing I want to do is drop this amount of money and 2 weeks later it goes on a big sale or something lol.

You would have to look on their website to see if they have any sales

On 3/10/2023 at 3:43 PM, Alternet said:

oh and does the CC3 screen need a screen protector!? cant forget to ask that.

Well you dont need a screen protector. But some people choose to add a antiglare protector because the screen is very shiny and if the sun shines on it, it can have a lot of glare

On 3/11/2023 at 7:36 PM, Monika.K said:

@ahmed24

Are you using the gps antenna you received with the Teyes cc3 or the factory one with adapter?

And for the radio, can we you use the factory antenna too? We just read that people using it that way and it's good thnx!!

I am usin the Teyes supplied GPS antenna. The radio I am using factory antenna. On the Model A if you want to use factory radio, you need to get a convertor because on Model A the Lexus radio antenna connector is different.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, Monika.K said:

@ahmed24 can you share your equalizer settings that works perfectly with your ML? How can you manage to set up the rear speakers? Now the rear speakers are not that loud, extremely low. Thnx

I got your messages, will reply directly soon once I’ve checked the pictures 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, Monika.K said:

@ahmed24I just installed my CC3 and got canbus all setup. I noticed that when i change the volume with the volume knob that it changes one volume (i'm assuming amp volume?). on the other hand the steering wheel buttons change the head unit volume. Have you found a way to get both the knob and steering wheel buttons to control the same volume (preferably the amp? volume)?

3 minutes ago, Alternet said:

Volume knob on the CD changer itself is known as the master volume (The OEM amp volume). When you change that, the system shows a display pop-up saying Car Volume: and the number. The steering wheel volume button then adjusts the Android volume. So what I do is keep my master volume preset to a decent high level. and then keep my android volume at about 4 or 5 and adjust volume using steering wheel.

2 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

Volume knob on the CD changer itself is known as the master volume (The OEM amp volume). When you change that, the system shows a display pop-up saying Car Volume: and the number. The steering wheel volume button then adjusts the Android volume. So what I do is keep my master volume preset to a decent high level. and then keep my android volume at about 4 or 5 and adjust volume using steering wheel.

so there is no way to get them both to control the same volume? i tend to use both depending on how much (or how fast) i want to change the volume

@ahmed24 another question you might know. is there a way to see the tire pressure data or do you have to buy the addon sensors for that? I would assume that data is available via canbus but unsure if the CC3 can read it.

10 hours ago, Alternet said:

so there is no way to get them both to control the same volume? i tend to use both depending on how much (or how fast) i want to change the volume

According to teyes engineers and other hardware supplier engineers no there’s no way. It hasn’t bothered me so I haven’t looked at possibly doing a hack for it. Everything they say isn’t possible is not always true. They said RHD temperature button swap wasn’t possible but I did it. They said you can’t change bootanimation but I did that too lol.

9 hours ago, Alternet said:

@ahmed24 another question you might know. is there a way to see the tire pressure data or do you have to buy the addon sensors for that? I would assume that data is available via canbus but unsure if the CC3 can read it.

You have to get android compatible sensors. Either the ugly looking external ones or the OEM looking internal ones. Ofcourse Teyes want you to buy their own one because they bundle that app in and their app only works with their sensors. But I already had internal sensors Deelife brand from before so wasn’t willing to change. I have the Battery replaceable version of the Deelife internal sensors with enough service parts to last 50 years lol. By service parts I mean stems, gaskets, washers and screws. But if I was buying new then ofcourse probably makes more sense to get the Teyes sensors for a more seamless integration. Here are some pics of my TPMS

142F58CD-FE5E-4496-B280-1743A6C66757.thumb.jpeg.dd45ebdf4c840671d7fb6c6af2e71caa.jpeg

B00708DA-CA24-409F-B834-259075DE106F.thumb.jpeg.7500135d36ed149a93b45eff95f988c2.jpeg

DD6896C0-4C22-4AFA-98DB-28F18F42492E.thumb.jpeg.ecc79d86755da92cff0b3eadce5c1070.jpeg

ACF94DD0-8ACD-4A60-AD89-CAEDD821AF31.thumb.jpeg.db8ca67db664473e52cc111fb29370dc.jpeg

0EE04942-9917-46F8-B99E-9F31065746BE.thumb.jpeg.14fdb60617ff9aa69043bfd9311f048a.jpeg

E844A902-DDEA-4BD6-B4D0-EBC956F37C9C.thumb.jpeg.a0dff4813dd98dc0dc436ccaad4a0828.jpeg

17 hours ago, Alternet said:

@ahmed24 nm i found it. it looked like something else at first.

i wish we could delete posts on this forum.

Glad you found it. Sorry for late reply. I'm not always on here and been busy couple of days. The climate app is in the vehicle settings app.

• 2 weeks later...

After purchasing my T’eyes CC3 128G-B for my Lexus IS250 XE20 (2005-2013), I’ve decided to sell the unit along with the DAB+ USB adapter, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Head Unit Release Keys.

All are as new and have never been fitted as I simply don’t possess the necessary skills do so despite the advice of Ahmed24.

https://teyes.uk/products/lexus-is250-xe20-2005-201

https://teyes.uk/products/tyre-pressure-monitoring-system

https://teyes.uk/products/dab-usb-adapter

https://teyes.uk/products/4-piece-special-disassembly-head-unit-extraction-release-keys

The wiring harnesses are fitted to the rear of the unit as I gave it a go but just didn’t have the technical ability or time to fit.

Including shipping, I paid £475 in October 2022, but I’m will to sell at £350 + p&p (£10.00 – Royal Mail 24 hour Tracked), so grab yourself a new T’eyes unit at a discounted price.

F3BF4BBD-EFB5-433B-BAE4-7D81762EF083.jpeg

AF264D68-51AE-4EA0-A0B6-5F3CCBCEDA5E.jpeg

1A3563B0-721E-4C0B-A554-258D885D9F7B.jpeg

AF5E5D03-514F-49C6-82AE-C3E547898BB5.jpeg

21 hours ago, SteL said:

After purchasing my T’eyes CC3 128G-B for my Lexus IS250 XE20 (2005-2013), I’ve decided to sell the unit along with the DAB+ USB adapter, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and Head Unit Release Keys.

All are as new and have never been fitted as I simply don’t possess the necessary skills do so despite the advice of Ahmed24.

https://teyes.uk/products/lexus-is250-xe20-2005-201

https://teyes.uk/products/tyre-pressure-monitoring-system

https://teyes.uk/products/dab-usb-adapter

https://teyes.uk/products/4-piece-special-disassembly-head-unit-extraction-release-keys

The wiring harnesses are fitted to the rear of the unit as I gave it a go but just didn’t have the technical ability or time to fit.

Including shipping, I paid £475 in October 2022, but I’m will to sell at £350 + p&p (£10.00 – Royal Mail 24 hour Tracked), so grab yourself a new T’eyes unit at a discounted price.

F3BF4BBD-EFB5-433B-BAE4-7D81762EF083.jpeg

AF264D68-51AE-4EA0-A0B6-5F3CCBCEDA5E.jpeg

1A3563B0-721E-4C0B-A554-258D885D9F7B.jpeg

AF5E5D03-514F-49C6-82AE-C3E547898BB5.jpeg

Im based in Nottingham Steve and I've fitted the teyes and various other head units myself, if youre interested in getting some assistance with it drop me a message mate 

• 2 weeks later...

@ahmed24 another question for you.

I noticed that my car doesn't go to the reverse cam when i put my car into reverse and doesn't indicate when my doors are open and stuff.

It does show info from canbus though and it does control my air con, so i know my canbus stuff is wired correctly.

What are your canbus settings? does your unit show your back up cam when you put your car into reverse? does it show when car doors are open and stuff?

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, Alternet said:

@ahmed24 another question for you.

I noticed that my car doesn't go to the reverse cam when i put my car into reverse and doesn't indicate when my doors are open and stuff.

It does show info from canbus though and it does control my air con, so i know my canbus stuff is wired correctly.

What are your canbus settings? does your unit show your back up cam when you put your car into reverse? does it show when car doors are open and stuff?

The backup cam is NOT triggered by the CANBUS. It's triggered by a physical reverse detection wire which is pin 5 on port G. (G5) pictured below

image.thumb.png.e6ce50136293bc3704289385828ef9ca.png

If your car isn't gong to the reverse camera app when you engage reverse, it could be a setting. But then again, come to think of it you have the 10" system for non nav car? It may be that non-nav car does not have reverse trigger wire. So you may need to see if reverse can be triggered using CANBUS or simply just run a new reverse trigger wire.

In regards to the door info, what year is your car? for the pre 2009 cars this info comes from the OBD connector. Did your harness come with OBD connector?

1 hour ago, ahmed24 said:

The backup cam is NOT triggered by the CANBUS. It's triggered by a physical reverse detection wire which is pin 5 on port G. (G5) pictured below

image.thumb.png.e6ce50136293bc3704289385828ef9ca.png

If your car isn't gong to the reverse camera app when you engage reverse, it could be a setting. But then again, come to think of it you have the 10" system for non nav car? It may be that non-nav car does not have reverse trigger wire. So you may need to see if reverse can be triggered using CANBUS or simply just run a new reverse trigger wire.

In regards to the door info, what year is your car? for the pre 2009 cars this info comes from the OBD connector. Did your harness come with OBD connector?

My car is an 07. I have Teyes wireless Bluetooth OBD reader connected currently I have tested it with an OBD reader program and it seems to read from that... but i still see no door info. Should I use the wired OBD connector instead?

1 minute ago, Alternet said:

My car is an 07. I have Teyes wireless bluetooth OBD reader connected currently I have tested it with an OBD reader program and it seems to read from that... but i still see no door info. Should I use the wired OBD connector instead?

Wireless OBD reader is for a completely different functionality. That OBD reader is to get the funky OBD diagnostics and gauges using the OBD app. However, the loom should have come with a wired OBD connector as part of the loom and that connector is responsible for reading certain car signals from the OBD like door info etc.

6 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

Wireless OBD reader is for a completely different functionality. That OBD reader is to get the funky OBD diagnostics and gauges using the OBD app. However, the loom should have come with a wired OBD connector as part of the loom and that connector is responsible for reading certain car signals from the OBD like door info etc.

ok good to know. i will install the wired OBD connector that came with the unit.

Also in my kit the wire connected to G5 (the reverse trigger) goes from G5 right into the harness/plug that plugs into the canbus adapter. I did disconnect the wire and connect it to the reverse light via the camera harness to get it working. I originally assumed it was a canbus thing because the G5 trigger wire goes directly to the canbus adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/profile/21274-ahmed24/

Hello everyone, I have a question for you @ahmed24, I recently purchased the teyes cc3 2k kit and installed it in my 2006 Lexus is350 with nav and ML. I am having a problem with the controls for the a/c. When I push the physical buttons the little leds don’t light up but the a/c unit changes modes and functions. Also when in the a/c controls app on the unit when I put it hotter or colder the temperature display doesn’t change but the fan goes up and down. Also the a/c does turn on and off but I just have no indication of what the a/c is set at. I was reaching out to try and solve this problem. Everything else is working great and I love the unit. I put the pic from the website the red box on the right I only used two of plugs, the one with a single wire and the one for 06 Lexus. Is that correct? Thanks for any help.spacer.png

On 6/9/2023 at 11:03 PM, Teknoman2000 said:

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/profile/21274-ahmed24/

Hello everyone, I have a question for you @ahmed24, I recently purchased the teyes cc3 2k kit and installed it in my 2006 Lexus is350 with nav and ML. I am having a problem with the controls for the a/c. When I push the physical buttons the little leds don’t light up but the a/c unit changes modes and functions. Also when in the a/c controls app on the unit when I put it hotter or colder the temperature display doesn’t change but the fan goes up and down. Also the a/c does turn on and off but I just have no indication of what the a/c is set at. I was reaching out to try and solve this problem. Everything else is working great and I love the unit. I put the pic from the website the red box on the right I only used two of plugs, the one with a single wire and the one for 06 Lexus. Is that correct? Thanks for any help.spacer.png

I'm not @ahmed24... but it sounds like you do not have the canbus connected or you have the wrong one selected in the software. verify that you have the canbus box connected at both ends and plugged into the correct port on the back of the CC3. If you do then check to make sure you have the correct canbus settings. if you go into the model select in the CC3 canbus app it will show you what settings you need to select.

Also have you turned on A/C information in the factory system menu? https://teyes.com.au/pages/settings-a-c-display

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 8:07 AM, ahmed24 said:

Correction, I've figured out a way to do the Siri and android auto voice button mapping without having to jailbreak the MCU or the OS. So I should be returning to the stock Teyes firmware now 🙂

Hi Ahmed, I discovered first on YouTube your TEYES CC3 setup with Siri voice activation in apple CarPlay through the steering wheel Voice button. Then I searched for your profile online to see if you've described the process. As I see that you have detailed the assembly here, I have registered on purpose. With the jailbreak thing you had my curiosity, but now with the plain vanilla solution you have my attention! 😉

Can you please expand how to do this? It is my understanding that programmable KEY1 and KEY2 pins on Android head units can only work with the SWC wire carrying an analog voltage that used to exist only in very old cars, before the CAN-bus systems that make these model-specific, non-programmable Chinese canbus decoder boxes mandatory. Said otherwise, one cannot (and shouldn't!) connect CAN digital wires to these analog pins. So how did you achieve this exactly?

On 6/9/2022 at 12:26 AM, McShmoopy said:

Hey everyone,

Former GROM VLINE2 owner, I managed to replace my stock stereo with a Head Unit from XTRONS and I've had a few people show some interest in it so I made this quick little review video for it. Whats good about this is with some efforts from myself and XTRONS you can get near full functionality with this for pre facelift as well as facelift vehicles. For NAVI vehicles you do need to buy an additional fibre optic box to maintain the OEM audio quality.I'll stick some links below. 

https://xtrons.co.uk/lexus-various-android-10-octa-core-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-integrated-4g-solution-pma10isls

https://xtrons.co.uk/lexus-various-iso-wiring-harness-most

The Teyes CC3 is a better head unit overall to but I wasn't a fan of getting one of their units with the OEM Stereo like configuration with the buttons as that was the only one that supported facelift NAVI vehicles like mine. I've been running this for close to 8 weeks and its been rock solid so figured I'll share this here incase anyone else is interested in something like this.

On the to do list is add DAB Radio, TPMS sensors as well as my 360 reverse camera system which this head unit does support. 

B2EF07F8-D825-49EA-BF10-FCFF854D979D.thumb.jpeg.a704327fe7558c7dac0783822bc732d5.jpeg.884cda10aa557bc9f63a19a97f8e16c5.jpeg995800AB-F9B9-4CD9-8545-6539DF214833.thumb.jpeg.66f5ec9350df6cde82b90680229ca230.jpeg.3a5d1949ab37ffb463c33dd7b230445d.jpeg

Hi Bilal,

do you have any instalation videos? I have bought the xtrons head unit and MOST, but i cant get it to work, screen works, but sound and climate controls doens`t. did you need to modify the iso harness at all? i have loads of conectors left loose from the original screen. mine is the original navi from 2007 with mark levinson, can`t seem to find any info online at all

thanks 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links