Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery charging

Those with an RCF who keep their car in a garage for weekend cars/special occasion cars, how do you keep your car’s Battery in tip top condition? 
I’ve got a CTEK Battery charger/conditioner and would like to keep it on my car. 
I just don’t know whether to connect it straight onto the Battery terminals or if there are some charging posts on the car somewhere that I don’t know about. I want to keep the bonnet closed but am conscious that I will have a wire sticking out of a shut line and potentially ruin the rubber on the shut line. 
Hope this makes sense!!!! 
Please can someone shed some light as to what you do? 

42 minutes ago, L55 RCF said:

Those with an RCF who keep their car in a garage for weekend cars/special occasion cars, how do you keep your car’s battery in tip top condition? 
I’ve got a CTEK battery charger/conditioner and would like to keep it on my car. 
I just don’t know whether to connect it straight onto the battery terminals or if there are some charging posts on the car somewhere that I don’t know about. I want to keep the bonnet closed but am conscious that I will have a wire sticking out of a shut line and potentially ruin the rubber on the shut line. 
Hope this makes sense!!!! 
Please can someone shed some light as to what you do? 

I bought the CTEK plug and fitted it direct to the Battery, that way I can put the charger in the engine bay which keeps the bonnet slightly open thereby eliminating the possibility of driving off with it connected.

I bought the plug with the LED's which give an instant readout of the Battery charge.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I bought the CTEK plug and fitted it direct to the battery, that way I can put the charger in the engine bay which keeps the bonnet slightly open thereby eliminating the possibility of driving off with it connected.

I bought the plug with the LED's which give an instant readout of the battery charge.

Ok cheers mate. 
so, you can leave the bonnet open and the car locked or unlocked? 
I don’t mind leaving it unlocked as my garage is secure. 

1 hour ago, L55 RCF said:

Ok cheers mate. 
so, you can leave the bonnet open and the car locked or unlocked? 
I don’t mind leaving it unlocked as my garage is secure. 

I leave it unlocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I had my GS F permanently on charge over Covid lockdown - ran the wires out by the headlight which avoided running them over the bonnet seal.

image.thumb.png.fa016f3f4e26a44d85fdf732789da4f2.png

Perfect. Thanks mate

I have my car with the Battery disconnected for 1 year intervals as I can't fit a charger where its parked 😪

Having said that it's started like a champ whenever I'm back in London (new batter fitted 2 years back) but I'm still shocked that it doesn't even need a jump start to get it going. 

Will be switching on the beast in 3 days time when I'm back in London (it's been sleeping for a year now)....can't wait 😈

Sorry wasn't helpful in your question, just thought about sharing my usual dilema. 

• Like 2

Ive the ctek and bought with the permanent connection onto Battery and a extended lead …. Dont need to open bonnet at all to plug in and leave as i routed the permanent lead up to top of bonnet …accessible and still out of sight, plus can have car locked if need be…. Although garage is covered by motion sensor alarms and cctv…

B6F812E2-B6A3-4C7E-B670-51673885E318.jpeg

FE21809B-EC4B-4680-8B2F-01505206610A.jpeg

DAB8B1D6-3A64-465B-9DB0-BE13EBB0B1D9.jpeg

145CF289-6E0C-408D-8D15-BEE71545B7D5.jpeg

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Ive the ctek and bought with the permanent connection onto battery and a extended lead …. Dont need to open bonnet at all to plug in and leave as i routed the permanent lead up to top of bonnet …accessible and still out of sight, plus can have car locked if need be…. Although garage is covered by motion sensor alarms and cctv…

B6F812E2-B6A3-4C7E-B670-51673885E318.jpeg

FE21809B-EC4B-4680-8B2F-01505206610A.jpeg

DAB8B1D6-3A64-465B-9DB0-BE13EBB0B1D9.jpeg

145CF289-6E0C-408D-8D15-BEE71545B7D5.jpeg

Ok, great stuff. That looks a quality set up. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links