Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

throttle pedal adjuster

i posted some time back in ref to the above , had a random call from tunit, re remap boxes , so asked about pedal controller .i have just installed it and i dont need to switch to sport (only if i want a sporty ride) the throttle responce is way better it also seems to ev at higher speeds , might just be me .if you suffer from same as me a bad modern pedal this might be  a route. 3 minute fix.

• 1 month later...

so using the pedal box for over a month the car seems to EV mode upto 36 mph now ??????

and the take off is way better from stand still we are still getting 46 mpg in all types of driving town city etc and on a run 55 mpg

i cannot recommend this item enough.

This is not even "modern pedal", it is rather Lexus specific "feature". It is known as "unintended acceleration" prevention, it is installed in all Lexus and most Toyota models (Hondas and Nissans as well)... well not "installed", but electronic throttle is adjusted that way. And this is just so dumb, because the "feature" was introduced to reduce liability in amurica, where idiot amuricans switched into D instead or R and accelerated into shops or other cars by accident and then tried to blame car manufacturers for their stupidity (think first one was Audi to be sued). So Lexus in particular started adding delay into electronic throttle so that response from standstill isn't instant. I mean amuricans literally make our cars worse by being stupid. Not only this is not an issue in Europe or rest of the world, but anyone who have ever made such mistake would not dare to sue the company for what is clearly their mistake... only in amurica. 

• Like 1

Not really, like MBs and BMW don't really have delay, or it happens for different reason e.g. 2L turbo charged engines with little bit of turbo lag maybe. But purely electronic throttle delay is more of Japanese and American thing. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links