Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof Bars for LS 430 and LS 460

Hi,

New to LOC, but just want to raise my experiences in obtaining roof bar kits for my previous LS430 and current 460.  After much searching, I eventually resorted to buying an  "INNO" kit for my 430 - Inno are a Japanese Company that make a range of aftermarket roof racks etc (innoracks.com). This meant purchasing from the USA where the number of LSs is so much greater than here in the UK.

I have read some threads about the difficulty about getting roof bars etc for LS models at reasonable prices here in the UK, so I hope this helps. Some LS connoisseurs may cringe at the prospect of their limo with roof bars, but for me, I have a tandem kayak (16') and the LS is the perfect vehicle for transporting it.

The quality and ease of fit of the INNO rack is impressive and I can totally recommend them. Once you have the base stays and bars, then if you change LS model, you only need a different hook kit. 

I have recently replaced my 430 with a 460 and as a result, I have retained the INNO base stays of my rack but  replaced the footpads and hooks. If anyone has the INNO system and wants footpads and hooks for the LS 430, and is happy to pay the postage, then let me know (I have three sets but don't ask!). 

I appreciate that the LS is not the most common vehicle on the UK roads and getting add-ons like roof bar kits can be a bit of a challenge. Perhaps the LOC members might want to consider ways and means of passing on these useful but no longer required bits of accessories within the LOC community.

Cheers

Doc Brown 

g_t_brown@hotmail.com

• Like 2

Thanks for your interest.  

Yes Mark, there are roof bars for the LS and I've now had them on my 400, 430 and now 460. Whilst it might seem a tad vulgar to tool-up an LS for touring with a Kayak, they are superb haulers of oversize luggage.  Our 16' banana on the roof of our limousine does receive interesting but generally positive comments.

Hi George, thought I had some photos of the 400 loaded up but think they have gone from my phone.  I'll take and post pics of the rack with my homemade kayak cradle for your perusal.

Interestingly the Fit Guide on INNO web site says no K Hooks for my LS.  Shame

Not looking for a roof rack right now, but at least this seems like one to keep on the radar for future Lexus adventures

Hi Pete,

Like you I struggled to find a kit for my 1999 LS400. I ended up buying a set from La Prealpina Roof Bars, which was advertised as fitting the 400. Hooks were the wrong length and shape, so did a bit of metal wrangling to make them fit. Wasn't ideal but they did the business for about 5 years.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:53 PM, lex - eleven said:

Didn't even know there was such a thing? Isn't that like putting a towbar on a Rolls Royce?

I actually have a Curt towbar waiting to go onto my LS460... Tried the usual suspects and no-one in the UK was doing towing kits (even Watling in St Alban's) despite the LS460 being a fantastic tow car candidate.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Well there are only 430 LS 460 SE-Ls taxed and on British roads, so not much of a market methinks.

hadn't quite realised what an elite bunch those owners are :yes:

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

hadn't quite realised what an elite bunch those owners are :yes:

Malc

Ha, never been part of an elite before 🤣 

Did get chauffered in it by Mrs D yesterday for an hour down the motorway (me in the back with Mini D) and I felt like Lord Muck. Lovely place to be... Cold drinks in the fridge, seat right back and blinds up to shade myself from the sun, very nice! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I could have done with something like that a little while back; the boot on the SE-L is surprisingly small and a long weekend away with pram, travel cot and so on meant packing clothes in squashable luggage to fit in the crevices. Wish they'd done an estate LS460 but that never seems to be the case with this size class of car (outside of the US, at least).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links