Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was in a taxi today

Here a taxi used to be a Prius, from Toyota.

Now most of the new taxis here are no longer coming from Japan.

Dacia and Hyundai are what we can get when looking for a taxi here; have only seen one Corolla hybrid as taxi.

Before I have been speaking with a taxi driver about his Hyundai and he praised the service and the low cost of maintenance. He had a Prius before.

Yesterday and today (our CT was having service) the 2 taxis I was in were both Dacia. They were both new, half a year of so and very comfortable to sit in on the sofa. At least as comfortable as the back seat in the CT we have, maybe even more; and with a lot of room for the legs. The Dacia is praised for very low price and with absolutely no problems, not according to me as I have never had one, but according to the taxi drivers. Yes, they are only about half a year both of them, but taxis are not kept for a long time. They are bought to make money, and when they cost little and spend little time in garage and the service is god and cheap, they are having all the stars a taxi need.

• Like 2

but will they have the longevity in miles, say a million that the Prius is said to be able to cover ok 

Are both Dacia and Hyundai with Toyota parentage too ?

Malc

Quite often, good finance and lease deals sway an owners decision. That may be so in your area.

Was on holiday in Madeira last year and Dacia people carrier Taxis were the main choice of newer vehicles. There were also the usual Mercedes 123, 124, 201 and 190's about.

2 hours ago, Malc said:

but will they have the longevity in miles, say a million that the Prius is said to be able to cover ok 

Are both Dacia and Hyundai with Toyota parentage too ?

Malc

A million miles is of no interest to a taxi. They are kept till they can be sold for a good amount and a new can be bought.

Did not ask the owners of the Dacia or Hyundai.

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

Quite often, good finance and lease deals sway an owners decision. That may be so in your area.

Was on holiday in Madeira last year and Dacia people carrier Taxis were the main choice of newer vehicles. There were also the usual Mercedes 123, 124, 201 and 190's about.

Know only personally one taxi owner. They buy their cars and sell them when it is best.

Very few old cars are still driving like taxis here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links