Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Making the leap from an IS250 to an IS300h

44 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Sport look dials but now just as a tft (or whatever tech the display is) and not the actual mechanical moving face like on the IS F Sport - not sure what other new NX's have for the dash though

Ohh yes those are the ugly ones, I hate the screens instead of dials which is common on new cars. But that is why F-Sport dials are unique, they are digital, but they feel like real analog dials, the RPM is "analog", but yes speed is just a number. I personally don't mind that and it is easier to read than small numbers of analog dial. But again maybe that is part of my comment above - Lexus could have allowed to switch between speedo and tachometer on the screen if they wanted to, but they haven't used real estate to give such options. For example for people like you who want analog speedo, they could have allowed to set-up dials as such that main round screen is speedo, and the smaller screen which you can open when you slide dial to the side is RPM. That is absolutely possible with tech in side the car, but they just didn't set it up this way. 

Basically, the way I would summarise F-Sport dials - "digital dials done right", because apart of F-Sport dials I don't like any other digital dials and likewise prefer analog dials over just plain screen. 

• Like 2

I made the switch from an IS250 to the IS300h nearly 2 years ago.  I miss the V6 but the acid test is asking the question 'if I had the time again and knowing what I know now, would I do the same again?'  In my case the answer is a resounding yes.  It's a completely different car and I've changed my driving style but I really enjoy every minute.

• Like 2

Thanks for the input all. Patiently watching the Lexus website for the right one to pop up.

quick question, are all f sports fitted with a standard 6 speaker sound system? Seen a few and decided to hold off because they don’t have an ML sound system. Wondering if that’s even an option? 

7 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

quick question, are all f sports fitted with a standard 6 speaker sound system? Seen a few and decided to hold off because they don’t have an ML sound system. Wondering if that’s even an option? 

Yes F-Sports came by default with standard (horrible) 6-Speaker system. If they have premium Sat-Nav then they by default get upgrade to 10-Speaker system which is good, finally there could be upgrade to ML with 15-Speakers which is marginally better than "Premium" system. To be honest both "Premium" and ML are good enough. The difference is that when car comes with ML it is easy to spot, whenever car has "Premium" or poverty line system is harder to tell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. Keeping my eyes peeled. There’s a half decent 2015 in Maidstone. Anybody with an is300 able to advise me about how the bodywork ages? Got a 58 250 and it’s beginning to bubble and rust in some areas which is a big factor in upgrading.

anybody had an IS300h begin to rust on them? 

I tend to believe when it comes to rust IS300h won't be much different for IS250 (because IS250 isn't really known for rusting either). The reason they rust is probably because paint was compromised at some point in their lifetime and wasn't properly addressed. Maybe somebody repainted some panel and didn't prepared it properly, but from factory they generally have good rust protection.

Well, the only exception is bonnet, but it does not rust as it is aluminium, but whatever primer Lexus used tends to start bubbling if stone chips are not addressed quickly.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links