Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drivers seat-suddenly moving out of memory position when door opened

lloydweb

This has just started happening last week and I have no clue why, or what I have done to cause it, The manual is no help, as far as I can determine.

Basically, I have set memory position 1 as a lower-down driving position, and 2 as a high-up, further back position for entrance and egress, its been fine for months. All of a sudden, if I leave the car with the seat in position 2 and close and lock the door, it's fine. When I unlock the door (either by key or handle), it's fine, but the minute I physically OPEN the door, the seat drops to position 1 unprompted, and I can't work out why.

Any thoughts?

You have probably activated the setting that automatically moves the driver's seat backwards and the steering wheel forwards and upwards for easy entry and exit...a popular feature with our American cousins of a more portly stature.We wouldn,t want to over exercise or ruffle their Trump quiffs.

No, it’s nothing to do with the steering wheel, that still only moves when I turn the car on, as normal. Basically, when I open the drivers door, I hear a beep as if I’ve pressed one of the seat position buttons (although I haven’t) and the seat drops into position 1. No idea what Is suddenly causing this at all! 

My car does the same and I believe it's a feature that memories the seat setting to the key you're unlocking with. So in theory, the spare key might have another (or no) seat settings linked to it. I have no idea how to turn it off though. 

Edit: Just tried it and it works as described above - the main key moves the seat to position 1 every time, and the spare key doesn't move the seat at all. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anevb said:

My car does the same and I believe it's a feature that memories the seat setting to the key you're unlocking with. So in theory, the spare key might have another (or no) seat settings linked to it. I have no idea how to turn it off though. 

Edit: Just tried it and it works as described above - the main key moves the seat to position 1 every time, and the spare key doesn't move the seat at all. 

That's interesting; I haven't switched keys at all,l but I wonder if somehow the car and the key have got 'confused' somehow. I think there is a section in the manual on this. I'll have a look in the next day or two.

One key is set to seat 1 and if you open the car (with that key being recognised) then when you open the door it will go to seat 1. Then if you use buttons to set at seat 2 it will stay there until it is opened again with key which is set to seat 1. Reprogramme each key as per manual. ONLY have 1 key in car at a time when you are programming

I had similar on one occasion when I let the Battery go flat and the solution was to reset the seat. The process is remarkably easy, and I do wonder whether this will also solve your problem. This video shows how it is done and hopefully it will work for you.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 11:20 PM, markeyszoo said:

One key is set to seat 1 and if you open the car (with that key being recognised) then when you open the door it will go to seat 1. Then if you use buttons to set at seat 2 it will stay there until it is opened again with key which is set to seat 1. Reprogramme each key as per manual. ONLY have 1 key in car at a time when you are programming

Thanks, this seems to have resolved this issue, it’s page 180 in the manual I downloaded when I bought the car last year.

DF0C6813-2E32-40D7-B2DD-6459834E7015.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links