Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I'm new to the forum as I've just bought an imported 2006 Toyota Harrier, basically a Lexus RX as I understand, and it is perfect apart from the drivers electric seat.

It has only done 50k warranted miles and I'm thinking the seat is struggling as it's barely been used.

Basically it's VERY slow and groans it's way back and forwards. I'm only 5'2 and the husband is 6'2 so we need it to move alot!

I'm hoping it just needs maybe degreasing, can anyone help me with how I remove the seat and do this?

Many thanks all,

This is just a guide as its based on the LS430

The seat is held down by 4 bolts which maybe hidden with plastic covers - you may need to remove these covers to expose the bolts.

After removing the securing bols - tilt the seat backwards to disconnect the electrical connection plugs under the seat

hope this is some help

• Like 1

There maybe airbag wiring under there, it is easy to spot as it will be yellow, best to disconnect the Battery and wait 20mins to let the capacitors discharge before removing them,

As has been said it will be four bolts, you will have to put the seat all the way forward for the rear bolts and all the way back to get to the front bolts. they go into captive nuts so it is a one person job... then tip the seat backwards and disconnect the wiring paying attention to yellow connectors as above...

The seats are heavy so put a thick old blanket or similar over the door threshold to protect it from damage from the bottom of the seat when lifting it out...

Then hopefully a good clean and regrease will sort your issue...

You should make some money as there are always a few coins under seats!!.... a good opportunity to give the carpet a good clean as well...

• Like 2

Hi Robynn and welcome to the LOC.

This video should help, note as mentioned by Peter the yellow plug is for the seat airbag so follow his guidance to avoid it maybe going off unexpectedly.

It would also appear the seat has to come out from the rear door.

Once you have it out I would remove any fluff around the sliding rails then give it a spray with WD 40 which tends to soften any hardened grease.

If you purchased the car from a dealer they should sort this for you without charge.

The video is for a LHD car but the method is the same.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links