Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ux250h f sport low speed

Hello ladies and gents,

I tried to find any topic related to the issue I’m having with my 2020 UX250h f-sport, but did not find anything.

Almost ( not always) every morning when I first start driving the car at low speeds( less than 20mph) I can clearly hear this rubbing noise coming from the wheel area as if the brakes were not fully released and they are ribbing slightly. After a few miles the noise disappears . It’s very similar to  the noise of a seized calliper , but not as loud.

Its strange because it only  happens in the morning when I first drive the car. On my way home in the afternoon, there’s no noise to be heard.

Os this something to do with the regenerative braking system of the car?

Anyone else had this problem ? I might call Lexus and book an appointment but, with my luck, the day I decide to bring the car in, that’s the day the car will not make the noise .

Cheers

46 minutes ago, Paulo_B said:

Hello ladies and gents,

I tried to find any topic related to the issue I’m having with my 2020 UX250h f-sport, but did not find anything.

Almost ( not always) every morning when I first start driving the car at low speeds( less than 20mph) I can clearly hear this rubbing noise coming from the wheel area as if the brakes were not fully released and they are ribbing slightly. After a few miles the noise disappears . It’s very similar to  the noise of a seized calliper , but not as loud.

Its strange because it only  happens in the morning when I first drive the car. On my way home in the afternoon, there’s no noise to be heard.

Os this something to do with the regenerative braking system of the car?

Anyone else had this problem ? I might call Lexus and book an appointment but, with my luck, the day I decide to bring the car in, that’s the day the car will not make the noise .

Cheers

Normal.

Likely moisture in the air causing a thin layer of rust on the brake discs overnight. Takes a few stops to remove the layer of rust especially on the hybrid where some of the braking is done regeneratively.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Normal.

Likely moisture in the air causing a thin layer of rust on the brake discs overnight. Takes a few stops to remove the layer of rust especially on the hybrid where some of the braking is done regeneratively.

Thank you so much for the help 👏🏻 It really makes sense what you’re saying as it only happens in the morning on my way to work and for a couple of miles.

I came from an IS250 and this is my first hybrid, so all these quirks and noises are new to me.

Also, if you find your discs get a build up that doesn’t clear under normal driving you can put the car in neutral and give the brakes a few sharp jabs.

Putting it in neutral disables the regenerative braking and gives you full mechanical braking, it also help to stop your callipers seizing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepppy said:

Also, if you find your discs get a build up that doesn’t clear under normal driving you can put the car in neutral and give the brakes a few sharp jabs.

Putting it in neutral disables the regenerative braking and gives you full mechanical braking, it also help to stop your callipers seizing. 

Thanks Stepppy for the tip !!👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links