Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 power steering problems

Hi,  Guys,,

Am newbie here and dont know if this  board is right but if not my apologize in  advance and please guide me in right direction.

i have lexus IS 250 petrol manual 2005. Recently PS light came on and  the steering became stiff. i checked  charging system , fuses,  and also power steering module

with same part number got from scrap yard, as my scanner was giving the code  C1554. but nothing seem to sort  guys need help please..

i was also thinking of getting used rack but the part numbers not matching any  idea if different part number would work as fitting  the  same  only it has come out of 220 D

please please help !

thanks

naikey 

C1554 is Power steering relay error, which seems to be part of power steering ECU. Although it could simply mean power to PS ECU is not coming, which could happen because of many reasons. So I would check if there is power coming to PS before replacing ECU. 

I can't advise if IS220d part would work, sometime they do, sometimes they don't, but when they do they usually have same part number (i.e. it is literally the same part). How about this one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275417150077

hi 

thanks for the reply, i had tries same part number power steering ECU also checked power coming to ecu and it looks fine,

the only option i think is to change the rack but am not getting same part number one. At the same time i feel like opening the

rack and see what is inside , or motor might be stuck or burnt. dont know if any one has opened one before  in this forum. 

advice  please

naikey

12 hours ago, Linas.P said:

C1554 is Power steering relay error, which seems to be part of power steering ECU. Although it could simply mean power to PS ECU is not coming, which could happen because of many reasons. So I would check if there is power coming to PS before replacing ECU. 

I can't advise if IS220d part would work, sometime they do, sometimes they don't, but when they do they usually have same part number (i.e. it is literally the same part). How about this one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275417150077

hi thanks,

but i have same part number ECU from eBay but never worked it is same situation. the option i see is to buy the steering rack

of 220D and try that only  i dont know if the data on sensors are stored there, i have to try and also find someone who can flash

the data from the  sensors in the rack to work with its original ECU. of the car.

worst senario ill open dismantle the rack and see it least will get some  ideas, fun to make my hands  more greasy lol

naikey

On 9/5/2022 at 11:19 PM, Linas.P said:

hi 

Thanks for the reply , power is coming to the rack from thick cable, but am not positive its sending signal back via can bus , to me it looks like  motor inside power steering does n not send back the power for motor to function. it is bit confusing but trying to work around it. any input will be helpful

naikey

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links