Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Gen Facelift LS400 Original Parking Sensors

Anyone know anything about these parking sensors? Mine work fine but someone has swiped the cover (I think it's a cover?!) and it's not playing nicely now!

My main concern is how it looks before I spend a load on fresh paint for the car. I'm assuming these are long discontinued, and I'm happy to replace with an aftermarket set but surely the holes left by these will be huge?! 

I appreciate it's not a big issue but the aesthetics are important to me in my favourite car ever! 

IMG_20220906_160258.jpg

IMG_20220906_160251.jpg

As you say these are aftermarket and probably obsolete.

You could try pulling one out slightly and measure the hole size and see how this compares to a hole required to replace them with some modern ones.

I fitted these myself to 2 different LSs in the past and it can be done without needing to remove the bumper. IIRC the ones i fitted had rubber prongs to hold them in the hole. The prongs allowed about 2.5mm play room.

I remember my very first LS (around 2006/7) was a mark 3 and it came fitted with a set of Steelmate sensors with a visual display - when one of the sensors started playing up I found out they were also discontinued.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 12:01 PM, cruisermark said:

As you say these are aftermarket and probably obsolete.

You could try pulling one out slightly and measure the hole size and see how this compares to a hole required to replace them with some modern ones.

I fitted these myself to 2 different LSs in the past and it can be done without needing to remove the bumper. IIRC the ones i fitted had rubber prongs to hold them in the hole. The prongs allowed about 2.5mm play room.

I remember my very first LS (around 2006/7) was a mark 3 and it came fitted with a set of Steelmate sensors with a visual display - when one of the sensors started playing up I found out they were also discontinued.

Thanks Mark. I actually think this may have been a Toyota fit as I had an imported 1994 Toyota Soarer that had these exact same parking sensors but on each of the 4 corners. They are big and ugly as hell but they still work! I think I'll take it to someone who fits parking sensors and get new ones fitted as I do like having them on the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links