Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Screen washer spray weak on driver's side

Good evening. 

My wife drives a 60 plate RX450h.  She has complained the screen washer spray on the driver's side is much weaker than on the passenger's side.  My investigations lead me to conclude that the tee piece was faulty and I duly replaced it with another 85321‑28020.   Unfortunately the pattern etc is unchanged.  It appears that the tee piece intentionally reduces the flow to the driver's side because I have found that swapping the outlet pipes to the jets around swaps the weak spray to the passenger's side and the strong spray to the driver's side. 

On the attached picture of the tee peice: red = flow from pump, green = driver's jet and blue = passenger's jet.

I have, gently, cleaned both washer jets with compressed air but this has not changed the, apparently, correct operation of the tee piece.

My thoughts are that I should replace it with a conventional non-return valve and open tee piece.

Has anyone else found a solution to this conundrum?

Thank you

Richard

Capture.JPG

Edited by RSav
Clarity

11 hours ago, RSav said:

She has complained the screen washer spray on the driver's side is much weaker than on the passenger's side.

Maybe designed this way as a LHD car, are you sure the jets are functioning correctly?

I would be inclined to change these first to confirm if this is indeed the way it was designed.

47 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Maybe designed this way as a LHD car, are you sure the jets are functioning correctly?

I would be inclined to change these first to confirm if this is indeed the way it was designed.

Swapping the hoses between the outlets from the valves moves the reduced spray i.e. it results in the passenger's side becoming weak and the driver's side becoming strong.   There's only one part number for these tee pieces across the whole Lexus range - as far as I can see.    Ditto the jets.

Edited by RSav
grammar

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links