Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaves/debris between condensor and rad

Per the topic title, does anyone have experience or tips for removing the leaves and debris from between the condensor and radiator? I can add a photo tomorrow but looking through the lower mesh, the condensor sits slightly higher than the rad, so all the rubbish collects along this gap and appears to get forced up inbetween too. Happy to do some disassembly upto a point but without the requirement to move or remove condensor or rad to avoid damage or need to drain coolant/refridgerant.

I will use a vacuum with a brush end (so not to damage fins) to suck out the visible bits right at the bottom, it's the stuff in between that is the problem to get out.

Thanks!

It's usually bone dry due to the heat from the engine. On my (I think) GS I just broke it up into bits with a long screwdriver or similar and then used the crevice nozzle of a vac to get it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rich1068 said:

It's usually bone dry due to the heat from the engine. On my (I think) GS I just broke it up into bits with a long screwdriver or similar and then used the crevice nozzle of a vac to get it out.

Nice one Rich. I think I will use the vacuum first and any stubborn bits dislodge with a paintbrush or similar.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 10:56 PM, Maxz said:

Per the topic title, does anyone have experience or tips for removing the leaves and debris from between the condensor and radiator? I can add a photo tomorrow but looking through the lower mesh, the condensor sits slightly higher than the rad, so all the rubbish collects along this gap and appears to get forced up inbetween too. Happy to do some disassembly upto a point but without the requirement to move or remove condensor or rad to avoid damage or need to drain coolant/refridgerant.

I will use a vacuum with a brush end (so not to damage fins) to suck out the visible bits right at the bottom, it's the stuff in between that is the problem to get out.

Thanks!

Finally got round to doing this! Results are acceptable and it's been a 20-30 min job, taking leaves almost one by one. Except for some of the space in your pictures (between both radiators) which is pretty much out of reach, I managed. that's the good news
Bad news is the crevice nozzle of a regular vac is far from enough.... I had to use one of these kits to get to leaves lodged in tiny places, aiding myself with a LED torch now and then. Again, it was worth to see how many leaves I had collected at the end of it. I guess it may be a once-a-year maintenance task 🙄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links