Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty brake pad replacement - anyone had it done?

Alex S. Driver

My car is in for it's first MOT today - can't believe it came around so soon.

Somewhere on the forum someone posted information about Technical Service Info Bulletin LS-B-0013 which deals with brake squeal from the front at low speed. I experience this every time I manouver into the garage. I asked the dealership to find out if I have the option of replacing the pads under warranty. Apparently I do, but they can't give me more detail on the likely braking performance afterwards. All I know is that I'd be replacing high performance pads with something less grippy - but how much less?

Has anyone had it done and regretted it?

I assume they will let you keep the old ones?

If like the same TSB for the RC F then you will hardly notice any difference on the road, possible you would need to use a bit more force. Really you would only notice the difference on track under sustained heavy braking where you would get less performance and possibly more wear.

I didn't notice any difference when they changed mine, although i may not be the best person to compare with as i am not a harsh breaker.

by the way they still squeal even after replacement, possibly not so much, i use iron remover and jet wash them each week and that seems to help

Thanks for the replies. They took the existing pads off cleaned them (and the discs), greased the brakes and put the pads back on. I'll see how long it takes for the squeals to return. Nice to know I have the option of replacement if I want. 

I don't take the car on track but I did have to brake hard a few weeks back when someone signalled left and then carried straight on in front of me. Boy, was I impressed with the deceleration and somewhat grateful for it too.

I didn't know you can jetwash the brakes themselves. My very first car, nearly 50 years ago was a Hillman Imp and I've always done what the old man told me... "Never point a hose anywhere near the brakes, son". A habit I'm sure I could break.... of course I could. Of course. Yup.

21 hours ago, Alex S. Driver said:

I didn't know you can jetwash the brakes themselves. My very first car, nearly 50 years ago was a Hillman Imp and I've always done what the old man told me... "Never point a hose anywhere near the brakes, son". A habit I'm sure I could break.... of course I could. Of course. Yup.

Lol, a bit different with Drum breaks.

discs are out in the elements so get covered in water anyway, 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links