Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Mudflaps...

Colin P

I have mudflaps on my car and basically the front ones have partially detatched.

The sides are still screwed in but the bottom of the mudflap doesnt seem to be attatched, infact it was stuck on with tape.

According to the receipts I got with the car they were fitted by the dealer but it seems like such a bodged job. So, for those of you who have them how are the 'inside' corners attatched? presumably they must be bolted somewhere?

it's hard to explain, i've taken them off and cleaned them now so i'll just tape it back down like it was. Guess it's been like that for years so i wont bother changing it! (apart from new duck tape)

there is only 1 bolt holding the underneath of the mud guard and 2 on the inside of the wheel arch.

the "scoop" bit of mine has come away( plastic has fatigued) from the rest of the mudflap, so causes the flap to flap about a bit - time for new ones :angry:

Newbie here!

I am located in the US and we don't get mudflaps. Is there anyone that might be able to pick some up for me? I can paypal or wire transfer the money. My 2003 SportCross would love them!

Take care,

John :D

Newbie here!

I am located in the US and we don't get mudflaps. Is there anyone that might be able to pick some up for me? I can paypal or wire transfer the money. My 2003 SportCross would love them!

Take care,

Hi there,have a word with our own parts person Chris Shipley,i'm sure he could sort something out for you.

Welcome :driving:

• 2 months later...

No luck on the mudflaps yet. I did contact a dealer that said they could get them, and they informed me they arrived and would get me a shipped price, but now their email account has been undeliverable as of late! It was Jeff Taylor at this email address> jeff.taylor@hrowen.co.uk Does this dealer sound familiar to you guys? Anyone able to order them and pick these up for a small finders fee? I can pay you first, so there is no worries on you getting taken. The part numbers I need are 08414-53820 and the fitment is for a 2003 SportCross. You can check my other forums that I have fun on NSX Prime, or under My user profile on Prime, which is under the same user name as it is here. I know this is far fetched, but everyone here seems to nice as is the case on the Prime site. I just picked up some new wheels and tires and don't want any water or mud going down the side of my car. I'll post some pics soon!

Thanks,

john@anytimeracing.com

I just checked my sent emails and found it to be Lexus Brighton. If someone could call (only if it's local for you) the dealer and find out if Jeff Taylor is an employee there, maybe we can figure out someway to get them to me or get a current email address for Jeff. Being far away has is disadvantages! Anything from the US that you guys might need?

Thanks,

John

John,

I know Lexus Brighton - I bought my Lex there and have it serviced there. I've called them up to find out what's happening with your mudflaps and apparently Jeff Taylor no longer works there. Worse, for you, is they have no mudflaps in stock!

As Scorpion suggests, Chris Shipley might be your best bet with these, but if you want to re-order from Lexu Brighton, contact Mandy James (mandy.james@hrowen.co.uk). If I can help at all let me know!

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links