Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clock on navigation system

SB3

The clock in the navigation saystem in my 2017 CT200h Luxury hasn't adjusted with the time change. I manually adjusted the car's clock.

It appears from the manual there should be a Clock option in the Settings, General menu but there isn't. The first item is Language. I don't recall having this problem 6 months ago!

Surely it must be something simple I'm overlooking. Can anyone help me out?

56 minutes ago, SB3 said:

The clock in the navigation saystem in my 2017 CT200h Luxury hasn't adjusted with the time change. I manually adjusted the car's clock.

It appears from the manual there should be a Clock option in the Settings, General menu but there isn't. The first item is Language. I don't recall having this problem 6 months ago!

Surely it must be something simple I'm overlooking. Can anyone help me out?

Display the “General settings” screen.

Option 1

Select “Clock”.

Option 2

Select to set daylight saving time on/off.

Language should be Option 2, so if clock is missing you may have a bigger problem.

• Like 1

Thanks, but the Clock option is not there. I did eventually find it though...

It's under Setup, Navigation, System Time, where you can set the timezone and daylight savings on/off.

Not where the manual says it is, and not where intuition says you would look, but so little is intuitive about that "infotainment" system, that I'm not really surprised. Written it down now, so that in 6 months time I won't be scratching my head again - except to say where did I save those instructions? 😉

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SB3 said:

Thanks, but the Clock option is not there. I did eventually find it though...

It's under Setup, Navigation, System Time, where you can set the timezone and daylight savings on/off.

Not where the manual says it is, and not where intuition says you would look, but so little is intuitive about that "infotainment" system, that I'm not really surprised. Written it down now, so that in 6 months time I won't be scratching my head again - except to say where did I save those instructions? 😉

Lexus software is not great. But what does it matter when the hardware is OK? The CT is a great little car.

In the one we have it is where Maurice tells you it should be.

• 4 months later...

Got in the CT200h today, adjusted the clock and remembered the SatNav clock setting is not where you'd expect to find it so looked elsewhere. Found it without having to find my notes and switched on Daylight Saving. Clock was then right.

So why does the car have two clocks that are not linked to each other, and neither is capable of automatically adjusting for daylight saving, like so many other gadgets have done for years? The car is only the "Luxury" spec, so maybe I'm expecting too much!

Rant over (for 6 months anyway). 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SB3 said:

Got in the CT200h today, adjusted the clock and remembered the SatNav clock setting is not where you'd expect to find it so looked elsewhere. Found it without having to find my notes and switched on Daylight Saving. Clock was then right.

So why does the car have two clocks that are not linked to each other, and neither is capable of automatically adjusting for daylight saving, like so many other gadgets have done for years? The car is only the "Luxury" spec, so maybe I'm expecting too much!

Rant over (for 6 months anyway). 🙂

I suppose the problems come from manual first written in Japanese, then translated in Google to whichever other language there is in it.  😇

Do not think there is much difference, if any, between the different model types. Software is the weak point in Lexus cars. But we live with that as long as hardware is OK. And the ML audio makes it worth to forgive for many other little problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links