Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

USB cable for Android

Exploring my options with the new MM21 multi-media unit in my 2023 UX. I've found the only way to having multi information display which you could do in earlier editions is via a limited one using Android Auto. I used to like the home screen on my 2020 UX which could show a map, radio station and my range until empty all at once. With MM21 in Lexus mode only one option at a time can be displayed. With Android Auto enabled I can at least have a map say and then whatever Android Auto options are also available so a split screen (for radio just BBC is showing). I can of course stream music from my phone but that doesn't display I just get the sound stream.

Finally getting to my point. I spent a decent amount on a cable between the USB port and my phone a while back but now I seem to get the Android Auto dropping in and out which is very annoying. Any recommendations for decent cable as I am assuming its this that is failing?

Thanks, Barry

Hi, Android Auto Help page provides the following regarding compatible USB cables:

Android Auto Help/My Android Auto app isn't working/Check you USB cable

I use, without a single problem, this one Amazon Basics Double Nylon Shielding USB Cable, Type C to Type A, USB 3.1 Gen 2 which has the correct length to have it placed inside the armrest, in any case pay attention to the preferred cable length that is up to 1 meter and of cource the type of your phone charger port, mine is Type C.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:44 PM, kok8 said:

Hi, Android Auto Help page provides the following regarding compatible USB cables:

Android Auto Help/My Android Auto app isn't working/Check you USB cable

I use, without a single problem, this one Amazon Basics Double Nylon Shielding USB Cable, Type C to Type A, USB 3.1 Gen 2 which has the correct length to have it placed inside the armrest, in any case pay attention to the preferred cable length that is up to 1 meter and of cource the type of your phone charger port, mine is Type C.

Hello Georgios, thank you for your feedback. I have purchased a 0.9 meter cable that you suggest and amazon expects to deliver today. Let's see how I get on. 🤞

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 10:36 AM, Andy B said:

The following cable has been trouble-free for me:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PPY9N62/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

It's a USB to Type C cable so make sure it is compatible with your car and phone first if you want to give it a try. 

Thanks for your reply Andy. You may have seen I have taken Georgios's suggestion to try out. The cable I had been using which seem to be breaking down was a Hoko one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hoco-USB-C-Cable/dp/B09N9XXNSV. Perhaps all these have limited life and I shouldn't expect them to last long? Barry

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links