Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So glad......

So glad I picked up my new UX in July, it actually stayed clean for several weeks, I look at it now and some days it looks ten years old with the present mucky weather.

Giving it a wash tomorrow ready for a trip up to the midlands, it will look ten years old again half way up the M5 but what can you do, just have to keep trying to keep it looking presentable as much as posssible and look forward to the summer again when you can enjoy that first dry sunny day when you give it a spring clean and fall in love with it again.

Bill D.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

So glad I picked up my new UX in July, it actually stayed clean for several weeks, I look at it now and some days it looks ten years old with the present mucky weather.

Giving it a wash tomorrow ready for a trip up to the midlands, it will look ten years old again half way up the M5 but what can you do, just have to keep trying to keep it looking presentable as much as posssible and look forward to the summer again when you can enjoy that first dry sunny day when you give it a spring clean and fall in love with it again.

Bill D.

This may be something you’ve already done, of course, but have you considered having it professionally detailed with a high quality ceramic finish applied?

It won’t stop it getting dirty, of course, but it’s dramatically easier to get clean - and you end up with a superior and longer lasting finish than the factory produced.

• Like 3

Funny you mention that as I have used the excuse "I don't want to buy a new car in October as the clocks will change and I will be driving it in the dark and won't be able to enjoy it" - however I bought it in December instead!

Agree with the ceramic finish, had mine done when new 7 years ago, and it still looks shiny after a clean.  I use ceramic shampoo as well (on the car) wouldn't waste that stuff on my head.

• Like 2

It rains a fair amount in Ireland, so it’s always a struggle. I’m lucky that my car is garaged. I picked up my new UX in early September with a driving holiday 2 days later. Immediately on our return I had a full professional valet, ceramic coating etc. It’s quite easy now to keep it clean but I will, at least every six months, have it professionally cleaned, polished etc. 

• Like 1

I did have this treatment done when I bought it, have had it on the last few cars and I can't honestly swear it is amazing as I find it difficult to detect any major difference, however I did have it despite this as I understand it counts in its favour when trading in. The only way I could be 100% certain is having a back to back test with an untreated car which of course ain't going to happen.

Back home now and looking very sorry for itself.

Bill D

2 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

… a back to back test with an untreated car … 

I have two neighbours with the same metallic white Audi Q3s, both fairly new and well kept.  One is ceramically treated and there is no question the shine is deeper and the surfaces reflect contrasts of light and shadow more sharply.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links