Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Cap Not Opening

12 minutes ago, 78csj said:

Had the fuel flap fixed again today, Glasgow Lexus say it’s the wrong tension on the springs of the fuel flap and that there should be 4 instead of the 2, seems to be working fine since the fix.

Sounds like someone at Lexus is looking into this at last. Did they fit the extra 2 ones or  was that just what they said should have been done?

• Like 1

I got word from my dealer that the revised mechanism will be available this month and so will get it fitted when my car is in for it's first service.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SA1 said:

Sounds like someone at Lexus is looking into this at last. Did they fit the extra 2 ones or  was that just what they said should have been done?

Fitted the extra 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I travel overseas a lot leaving a wife with a car she cannot put fuel in.  Can make do when at home but the fact that it takes two people to open a fuel cap on a Lexus is total joke.

I have complained constantly to Lexus and all I get is 'we know about it and its a worldwide problem'  Still awaiting a solution form Lexus so I have cable tied a unistrut spring nut to the flap.  You have to align it after use but it opens every time now.  No messing with going in the boot and its simple.

How a motor car producer such as Lexus/Toyota struggles to find a solution for this is unbelievable.  Modern springs have been around since the industrial revolution.....

• Like 2

Hello,  We have a 2022 NXh 350.  We've had this car about one year. Let me state that the fuel door has always looked like it was misaligned. After about six months the fuel door started occasionally not opening on the initial push of the button. In less than a month the fuel door would not open at all.  After taking the car in for service and finding the replacement parts were back ordered 6 weeks, our dealer told us to have someone stand outside the car and pry the fuel door open while someone sitting inside the car pressed the button.....   This is a luxury SUV?   Finally after getting the fuel door fixed, it works but still looks misaligned. Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks

FWIW I too had this problem and initially I thought I had solved it by filing the plunger that drives into the hole on the fuel flap mechanism. However, come the winter months and the flap wouldn't always release and particularly so on cold days. In the end I wiped all traces of grease from the plunger and coated it with some very special/very expensive grease designed for cryogenic applications and it now appears problem solved. I suspect if you were to use a very light lithium grease applied sparingly, this may well solve the problem, at least until it is fixed correctly by a dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

My NX450h was in for it's first service today. Got the new fuel flap release mechanism fitted at long last. I believe we are all about to get another recall letter to make an update to the DCM? Also requires a software update for the front camera.☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ken R said:

My NX450h was in for it's first service today. Got the new fuel flap release mechanism fitted at long last. I believe we are all about to get another recall letter to make an update to the DCM? Also requires a software update for the front camera.☹️

I received an email from Leicester about the DCM update but no official letter. According to the lexus-tech.eu site the recall is on hold.

image.thumb.png.0410e675dea006cd5e8320b004ca7263.png

Someone in the Facebook group for NX’s had the recall done and now they’re getting error messages all the time and are waiting for a replacement DCM. They’re not happy

This really does not bode well for the luxury brand when they can't get their new model right after such a lengthy period of time.

I fear that quality control, the care and attention previously spent on their cars is slipping and they are concentrating on chasing the cash instead. Shame really.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SA1 said:

I received an email from Leicester about the DCM update but no official letter. According to the lexus-tech.eu site the recall is on hold.

image.thumb.png.0410e675dea006cd5e8320b004ca7263.png

Someone in the Facebook group for NX’s had the recall done and now they’re getting error messages all the time and are waiting for a replacement DCM. They’re not happy

Recall regarding this was completed at the 10k service yesterday. They couldn't however carry out the forward recognition camera recall so will have to return for this next week.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links