Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Cap Not Opening

Just a quick post I was in my dealership 7th December technician asked if I’ve had trouble opening fuel cap said we have had a few customers NX 2022 not able to open fuel cap. Mine is fine  just to forewarn you in case you run your fuel low 

Had my fuel cap adjusted yesterday when it went in for LTA recall. They said it is an easy adjustment and that several people had complained about it.

The problem was intermittent. I had my wife put her fingernails under the fuel flap edge while I pressed the button.

Apparently, there is a little hatch in the boot liner that gives access to release the flap manually. 

Also had mine adjusted on LTA recall. I couldn't open mine after being alerted by a previous thread.

According to the Service receptionist, Lexus have issued a technical bulletin about this problem, so were all likely to get another letter!

Hoping to have this issue addressed during the LTA recall scheduled for Monday as I had to resort to the internal release again tonight. Was working perfectly after cleaning the hinge after I experienced this last month.

Having experienced this problem myself a couple of weeks ago I had mine at a dealer today and they said the mechanism needs replacing; the part is on order and all they can suggest is to use the internal release (which I also struggled with ...) in the meantime. Part expected by 23 December, I wonder if it's coming on a sleigh?!

9 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Having experienced this problem myself a couple of weeks ago I had mine at a dealer today and they said the mechanism needs replacing; the part is on order and all they can suggest is to use the internal release (which I also struggled with ...) in the meantime. Part expected by 23 December, I wonder if it's coming on a sleigh?!

Strange that they said they simply adjusted mine….. no mention of replacing anything.🤔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Santa is supposed to come the 24th. What I have learned.

554 Christmas Emoticon Smiley Faces Illustrations & Clip Art ...

16 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Had my fuel cap adjusted yesterday when it went in for LTA recall. They said it is an easy adjustment and that several people had complained about it.

The problem was intermittent. I had my wife put her fingernails under the fuel flap edge while I pressed the button.

Apparently, there is a little hatch in the boot liner that gives access to release the flap manually. 

LTA=  ??  Ken ??

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Malcolm.

You're welcome John. For interest, I haven't had the update yet because it is a 330 mile round trip to my dealer! Luckily, touch wood, fingers and toes crossed, I haven't had a problem with my filler cap not opening yet.

18 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

You're welcome John. For interest, I haven't had the update yet because it is a 330 mile round trip to my dealer! Luckily, touch wood, fingers and toes crossed, I haven't had a problem with my filler cap not opening yet.

I have just bought an NX, 19 Reg --Premium Pack and am still reading the Owners Handbook. I`m up to Page 55.

Will have to say goodbye to my beloved GS after Christmas.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 12/9/2022 at 5:22 AM, Harrier Man said:

Hi Malcolm,

I see you are in Moray and a good ways from dealer (Edinburgh???) 

I am in similar situation based in Aberdeenshire, I just wondered if you were aware that there is now a Lexus service centre in Aberdeen? I’m having the LTA update done there in a few weeks and will feed back how I got on.

If it works it’ll save a 270mile round trip!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zanderblue said:

Hi Malcolm,

I see you are in Moray and a good ways from dealer (Edinburgh???) 

I am in similar situation based in Aberdeenshire, I just wondered if you were aware that there is now a Lexus service centre in Aberdeen? I’m having the LTA update done there in a few weeks and will feed back how I got on.

If it works it’ll save a 270mile round trip!

Thanks Alexander, I had heard this but my search for 'Lexus Aberdeen' in google maps came up with an address on the East Tullos Industrial Estate with a note saying it was permanently closed. It would still mean a 150 mile round trip but that's obviously a lot closer than Edinburgh. Do you have good experiences using them?

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

Thanks Alexander, I had heard this but my search for 'Lexus Aberdeen' in google maps came up with an address on the East Tullos Industrial Estate with a note saying it was permanently closed. It would still mean a 150 mile round trip but that's obviously a lot closer than Edinburgh. Do you have good experiences using them?

Malcolm,

it’s Parks Honda Aberdeen on the Lang Stracht. They are an accredited Lexus service centre.

I haven’t used them yet, but when I called to book it in they were very professional and were aware of the recall code.

I will post back here on how I got on.

• Like 1

My NX450H was in for the LTA software update today and to let them have a look at the fuel tank flap issue.

Requires a new flap mechanism so car booked back in early next month. The interim solution is a foam pad inserted between the flap and the fuel cap! Primitive but it certainly works!!!

On 12/9/2022 at 10:47 AM, royoftherovers said:

I have just bought an NX, 19 Reg --Premium Pack and am still reading the Owners Handbook. I`m up to Page 55.

Will have to say goodbye to my beloved GS after Christmas.  

Hope the GS isn't going due to any unreliablity

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Hope the GS isn't going due to any unreliablity

It`s due to my ageing body and poor health, Phil.

Full LSH, 67,000 and without problems.

Will advertise on here after xmas.

NX is much easier to access and egress for me.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links