Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Contemplating IS to RX ... good move?

On 12/20/2022 at 6:06 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

Well done! Look forward to seeing photos.

At last the weather has provided the chance to get it properly cleaned.  Can you spot the odd feature ... ?  It took me a while.

IMG_0596LR.jpg

IMG_0598LR.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

There seems to be some kind of badge or something below the passenger door mirror. Is that what you mean, or is that normal on the 400h?

I think you may be referring to the indicator repeater on the door Bill, that seems to be common to the model.

No ... the clue is in the word 'odd' and, trust me, you do have to look hard for it.  But then it is quite big! 🤔

... and it's only in the first pic!

2 hours ago, Dixgas said:

Is it the grill low down on the front bumper?

By the way SD very nice indeed.

DJ

Nope.  I believe that's common to the model range too David.

1 hour ago, Barry14UK said:

Rear number plate has an emblem that I can't see on Front but maybe just the angle?

Sadly I don't believe that would be considered 'odd' Barry, the emblem says 'Great Britain' under the Union flag so not uncommon.

Do bear in mind I mentioned that it's confined to the first (front) pic but that's not to suggest by referring to the rear view it might not give you a clue.

PS - it will help to enlarge (click on) the pic to provide greater detail.

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Passenger side wiper is longer than the driver's side?

Once again Peter I think you'll find that to be standard for the model.

No, the oddity to which I'm referring is something that is not normal and yet something that can be changed - and indeed will be in due course.

If you watch Silent Witness, try to put yourself in their shoes and be a bit more forensic.

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

Is it that the passenger side roof bar is silver, and the other black, or is that just the lighting making it look that way?

I see what you mean Bill but no, that is indeed the light playing tricks with your eyes.

Another no, that's not it Peter.

I'm beginning to think that I'm being too picky and expecting too much, perhaps being a bit too optimistic about the power of the inquisitive observer, especially as it took me a while to notice it and even then only after closer examination. 

I think it's time for a final clue ... which is that this oddity is touching the ground (where angels fear to tread).

32 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Tyres on the front different front those on the rear?

You're nearly there. I've reeled you in so now it's time to let you off the hook. Perhaps I was expecting too much but it was a bit of fun to see if anyone has a honed eye for tyre treads.

It's being overly meticulous but the left n/s tyre is the 'oddity' as it's a 4-Season, the other three are summer tyres!

I know I know ... "how on earth am I supposed to spot that?", especially as the o/s front tread is hardly noticeable in the pic. But hey, if like me you've been watching Silent Witness then maybe now is the time to be a bit more forensically inclined!

Thank you all for your interest, I shall be looking at tyre prices over the weeks ahead and must decide what to do to even things up. 😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sundance said:

I know I know ... "how on earth am I supposed to spot that?", especially as the o/s front tread is hardly noticeable in the pic. But hey, if like me you've been watching Silent Witness then maybe now is the time to be a bit more forensically inclined!

I had to go to my big screen pc to spot that! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 9:17 AM, Sundance said:

You're nearly there. I've reeled you in so now it's time to let you off the hook. Perhaps I was expecting too much but it was a bit of fun to see if anyone has a honed eye for tyre treads.

It's being overly meticulous but the left n/s tyre is the 'oddity' as it's a 4-Season, the other three are summer tyres!

Thank you all for your interest, I shall be looking at tyre prices over the weeks ahead and must decide what to do to even things up. 😉

Can't believe I read this message thread up to here, just for the tyre thread...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brad Ched said:

Can't believe I read this message thread up to here, just for the tyre thread...

Haha ... and there I was thinking it was just me that had nothing better to do 😂 .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links