Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust fumes coming off from under the engine - video

Hello everyone

Based on the video, does anyone know what this could be? Or what is the part name or wether it could be welded back?

Funnily enough it started after using Cataclean, i am thinking that gap was perhaps sealed with carbon and by using the product it dissolved the carbon and the exhaust fumes started leaking, does that make any sense?

Thanks

Hi Javier. Looks to me like it's the joint between two pipes that failed. You'll need to get it up on ramps to make sure and fit a new gasket. Still surprisingly quiet even with a blown exhaust. 

Agreed looks like one of the front flanges from the header down pipes as it joins with the mid section. If it’s all original as Mr V said have a look if it will come apart and re-seal with new gasket and m10 bolts.

if it’s all a bit corroded then maybe a clean up, new gaskets and get away with a touch of welding.

How far you go might need to see what condition both flanges are in.

Pic of the mid section below, 

engine to the left.

7A5ADDCE-6456-4D53-8603-94A828F0CF09.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I guess i will have to book it with the mechanic, will let you know the outcome and cost.

On 12/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, Vintagesixtysix said:

Oh and Javier…. Did you feel you got anything from the cataclean??

Statistical or otherwise??

Not really, no improvement in fuel or anything else, to be honest i believe it has actually caused  this issue that i am having as it started when the product was in the fuel tank.

• 4 weeks later...

So, quick update:

Mechanic checked it yesterday whilst doing the service and it's bad news as due to corrosion, both ends of the exhaust are in bad shape and will need to be replaced.

Can you recommend any shop near London that could attempt to repair or alternatively replace the pipes?

They suggested one called Fast Line Styling in Romford, have any of you dealt with them?

Thanks.

is250 exchaust leak 1.jpg

is250 exhaust leak 2.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links