Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 headlamps (and spares generally!)

DanW

Hello folks - I have recently been gifted an IS300 and would like to get it up to scratch... It's an absolute luxury compared to my 1992 Astra Merit so feel like I need to do something with it.

The first issue is the headlights - extremely milky in colour and getting close to MOT failure due to the lack of beam pattern. It's not the usual degradation on the outside that can be flatted/polished but either on the inside or the plastic itself. They otherwise work fine.

Any ideas where I can get replacement shells or lenses that doesn't involve international post and a mortgage? 

Cheers Dan 

Thanks - the more I look the greater the challenge. I have seen after market replacement shells on eBay in the US - something like £250-300 when postage is factored in, which doesn't seem so bad when comparing to the two used units on eBay UK currently. Slightly confused over import duty though... eBay says it's added at checkout, though there doesn't seem to be any (other than £30 postage). Very tempted to give these a go as it will dramatically improve the appearance of the car ....

312-1170L-ASH7 and 312-1170R-ASH7 show up on eBay - my only concern is that the mountings may not be exactly the same on European models - you would need to check carefully and also the lights themselves will be to US spec rather than UK (bulbs pointing in wrong direction, light intensity etc.)

Hi Dan. Your headlight issue. Easy. Polish them. Look on YouTube how to renovate headlights and save yourself a few hundred quid.

Welcome to Lexus ownership

There are a few options you can consider for replacing the headlights on your IS300:

Check with a local auto parts store or dealership to see if they have replacement headlight assemblies available for your vehicle.

Search online for headlight assemblies that are compatible with your IS300. There are a number of websites that sell aftermarket headlight assemblies, some of which may offer international shipping.

Consider refurbishing the headlights yourself. There are a number of kits available that allow you to restore the clarity of the headlight lens by removing the hazy outer layer. These kits typically include sanding pads, polishing compound, and a protective sealant.

If the headlight assembly itself is not damaged and the issue is only with the lens, you may be able to find replacement lenses online or at a local auto parts store.

It is important to note that it is usually not possible to repair the plastic lens of a headlight assembly. If the lens is severely damaged or hazy, it will need to be replaced.

If the headlight lenses on your Lexus IS300 are milky in color and affecting the beam pattern, it's likely that the lenses have become foggy or cloudy due to the accumulation of moisture or contaminants inside the headlight housing. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including age, exposure to the elements, and the quality of the materials used in the headlight assembly.

To fix this issue, you will need to replace the headlight lenses. You can try looking for replacement headlight lenses at a local auto parts store or dealership. You can also try checking online retailers or classified websites such as eBay or Craigslist to see if you can find used headlight lenses that are in good condition.

If you are unable to find replacement headlight lenses, you may need to consider replacing the entire headlight assembly. This will typically be more expensive than just replacing the lenses, but it may be the only option if you are unable to find suitable replacement lenses.

In any case, it's important to ensure that you get high-quality replacement parts that are designed specifically for your Lexus IS300. Using poor quality or incompatible parts can potentially cause problems and may not be safe to use on your vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links