Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switching to Lexus NX

Hello,
i'm new here. Currently driving 2017 Mercedes Benz GLC 220d Diesel, but after begin facing expensive adblue problem with the car, i have decide to switch brand. On my opinion, Lexus NX is one of the most beautiful SUV on the market so it could be my next car. I have read only good about Lexus reliability, compared to my mercedes, which been expensive disappointment.

I have looking Lexus NX 300h from year 2018-2020, and I would like to know what I should take into account when buying a Lexus NX, e.g. equipment, model, etc? Watching now at least two different model "AWD Executive" and "AWD F Sport", which seems in pretty same price range. I definitely need a tow bar for my car, so how expensive is afterward towbar installation on Lexus?

AFAIK you can't fit a tow bar to an F-Sport due to the bumper design.
Essentially they are the same car. Exec more comfy ride, F-Sport, sports seats, bigger wheels stiffer suspension and more pronounced body kit. They both use the same engine and have the same performance.

• Like 1

Specifications can be confusing, depending on year. The used Lexus website is a good place to start. Would recommend buyinfgfrom a franchise rather than independent. I know nothing about fitting a tow bar but if you choose a model with a Panoramic Roof you cant fit roof bars / roof box.

Most, but not all, have the Premium Pack, which gives you lots of extras. The specifications shown on the website are usually accurate but check with the dealership.

Good luck with your search, you will not regret buying a Lexus. Get into a showroom and have a look.

Link below:-

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/lexus/rx?country=gb&mkey=46-500017-200342&groupTrim=1&unitSystem=imperial&currency=GBP&useCustomModels=1&vehiclestatus=100||120||130&allModels=0&view=list&sort=distance%3AASC&atDistancePos=46-502023-506765%3A2&limiter=dkey[46-502023-506765%3A10]&model=2147||1893||3778||3779&mcategory=all&zip=NG1&radius=1609&price_type_switch=on&_model=2147||1893||3778||3779&manufacturer=31&max=12#result-tools-top

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

AFAIK you can't fit a tow bar to an F-Sport due to the bumper design.
Essentially they are the same car. Exec more comfy ride, F-Sport, sports seats, bigger wheels stiffer suspension and more pronounced body kit. They both use the same engine and have the same performance.

My 16 plate NX300h F Sport has a tow bar fitted - specified at time of ordering and fitted by Lexus at the point of import - Portbury. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andyml said:

My 16 plate NX300h F Sport has a tow bar fitted - specified at time of ordering and fitted by Lexus at the point of import - Portbury. 

I see. Might be a 2018 thing onwards after the facelift possibly?
Could well be wrong too!

Thank you for the informations guys.
That towbar "issue" only limits quite a lot of available used 2018> Lexus NX options. I have find towbar factory installed in some nice 2018 > AWD Executive models, but not for any used AWD F Sport models. This car model is not very common in my country so it seems a challenge to find right one, with the right equipment.

18 hours ago, Addh said:

My 2022 FSport also has a factory fitted towbar. (Think they have to cut the bumper). Not sure about 2018 models.

The bumper design on the F-Sport from 2018 - 2020 models is different to the phase two 2022 models.
I was always told that the F-Sport was too low, something to do with the rear diffuser IIRC. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links