Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No noise from brakes when moving but the moment the car comes to a standstill it makes a small juddering noise? from front unless you come to a standstill very slowly. Any suggestions would be welcome

just brought the car 3 weeks ago 98 LS 400 love it

Just become a gold member and saved £3 of the Pollen filter from Lexus Chester very helpfull only cost £20 with discount

Juddering is not normal at any speed. Brakes should be completely smooth, unless you are performing an emergency stop, in which case the ABS will pulsate through the pedal. Where do you feel the juddering? Steering wheel? Brake pedal? Entire car?

You don't say where you bought it from, but could well be that the brake discs are slightly warped. Can you inspect them yourself? When were the brake discs last changed?

I have a quite steep downslope drive into a very narrow lane with limited visibility, so caution is very definitely in order!

I negotiate the last few yards before the road at about 1MPH or less, and if the discs are cold and damp (after a winter night) the brakes make a very nasty juddering sound and low freq vibration through the car.

As soon as I use the brakes at any sort of speed, it goes, not to return till the same cold damp conditions occur!

I've physically checked both the pads and the discs, and all is OK.

HTH

Dave

If you are 'inching ' down a slope with the brakes partly applied they will

make a groaning noise, every car I've had with disc brakes did this.

If they pull up smoothly with no noise, judder or pulling to one side at low speeds when driving normally,say approaching traffic lights, and they are powerfull,

based on your inspection of the pads and rotors I would ignore it!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links