Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures?

Perry Mahoney

Apologies if this has been covered before (I did do a search on this forum but kept getting the warning ‘Error, try again in 14 seconds’…)

I keep my tyres at 32 psi all round. However, a few days after the Lexus garage returned the car from its annual service and MOT, I got the tyre pressure low warning come up. On checking, I found all the tyres had been pumped up to 38 psi, except one, which was showing at 36.5 and probably why the warning came up.  I deflated them all back down to 32 and the warning light went off.

So what PSI do you all use?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 1:28 PM, Perry Mahoney said:

Apologies if this has been covered before (I did do a search on this forum but kept getting the warning ‘Error, try again in 14 seconds’…)

I keep my tyres at 32 psi all round. However, a few days after the Lexus garage returned the car from its annual service and MOT, I got the tyre pressure low warning come up. On checking, I found all the tyres had been pumped up to 38 psi, except one, which was showing at 36.5 and probably why the warning came up.  I deflated them all back down to 32 and the warning light went off.

Hi Perry

I feel you may be running too low at 32psi, I have mine at 36psi and like the feel of them at that. 

I reckon anywhere around the 36psi but it depends on the temperature (how hot they are when you start driving) if its short runs (so the don't really warm up) and driving style to name a few!

Good luck Ant

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 1:28 PM, Perry Mahoney said:

Lexus recommendation for SC430 appears to be 33 all round- and that’s set cold, of course.

I would have thought that 38 would be far too high and would give quite a harsh ride.  Were the tyres still warm when you arrived home and checked them?  That would explain a higher figure due to expansion.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links