Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus es rear lights not coming on when unlocking car

SunnyD

I have just purchased a 2019 Lexus ES300h Takumi edition and I have noticed when unlocking the car at night the front lights come on (just the tick daytime light) but no rear lights come on. I have checked all setting but can’t find anything. Could anyone confirm if the rear cluster lights are supposed to come on when unlocking the car at night?

Are you sure they are meant to though?, with the front drl's the rear lights tend not to come on. I am personally no a fan of this approach and rather prefer it if both front and rear light up. However manufacturers have recently(over the last few years) started adopting this approach so both front and rear light up. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SunnyD said:

Thanks for checking.  Was it daylight or dark though? I know in daylight they don’t come on, but I thought when it’s dark they do 😞

That was in daylight, I'll let you know what happens in the dark shortly!

10 hours ago, scudney said:

Well James  at least you now know for definite, which is sort of in line with my earlier thinking/reasoning

I'm with you that the rear lights should be on with the front DRLs too. I get very annoyed with fellow motorists who assume that because their front DRLs are on, they are somehow magically visible from the rear too. This is an incredibly badly worded post, but I think you'll get what I'm on about.

• Like 1

Yes James get what you mean, same here, although I also blame the manufacturers for not thinking of this earlier(that is rear lights coming on with the drl's)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'm with you that the rear lights should be on with the front DRLs too. I get very annoyed with fellow motorists who assume that because their front DRLs are on, they are somehow magically visible from the rear too. This is an incredibly badly worded post, but I think you'll get what I'm on about.

I think if visibility or light levels are that low then perhaps all lights should be on? Why bother with DRLs at all and why not have all side/rear/dipped beam lights on all the time? I believe this what the Scandinavians  pioneered many years before the EU dictated DRLs be fitted.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links