Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh so happy news. Synthetic fuel is on its way.

Mr Vlad

I've just watched a video from someone I'm subscribed to. Classic cars and restoration etc. He's got a most wonderful Rover 800 Vitesse turbo which he restored to mint and I absolutely love that car. Anyway he drove it 100 miles to the heritage car centre to talk to a guy about synthetic fuel. Below is the video. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Beautiful BBS rims on the Audi.

V-Power is mentioned as the best fuel I think I heard. I like it too. Even a bit cheaper here than 98 octanes from BP.

One thing that is not mentioned is when will it be available and reasonably priced? So far not available and production process still being refined etc. so maybe it will be reasonably priced sooner or later.

Sustainable, yes. But as far as I can find out, still polluting. Good for when oil is no longer available, but more or less the same? Still putting out CO2 from exhaust.

Hydrogen is maybe a bit further with regard to price as the big companies making hydrogen claim that price for 1kg will come down to 1$ or less, but this fuel seems to have a big advantage as being compatible with engines without changing anything in fuel system or engine. Very promising. Long time effect on engine we will have to wait and see.

Absolutely very interesting project.

But when still pouring out CO2, governments may use that against it in their claim that the only solution is to build batteries and batteries and batteries as they will die before the electric motors do that.

Bio fuel is not new at all. Since a long (very long) time they have been talking about that in Denmark (and done very little).

Report: Rotten manure, coffee grounds and straw can be converted into 20,000 Danish jobs

Right now 2018, still not there), the world's largest biogas plant is being built in Esbjerg.

(still not there 2023)

There is plenty of organic waste from food, agriculture and industry in Denmark that can be made into biogas. And there is good reason to do so. According to Danish Industry, biogas made from chicken droppings, slurry, coffee grounds, straw and other organic residual or surplus material can be transformed into DK Kroner 16 billion (more than 1 billion £).

In total, it can create 20,000 extra jobs in Denmark, writes DI (Danish Industry) based on a report from the consulting agency Damvad Analytics, which has reviewed the industry, Danish research and international developments in the field.

READ ALSO: Director of Transport: - We must invest in biogas for buses and trucks

We have the prospect of an export adventure of great dimensions if we manage to maintain and expand our leading position in the area, says Michael Persson, head of the secretariat at DI Bioenergi.

He points out that Denmark has a number of technology companies within biogas which have built up good experience at home and which therefore have a strong starting point in the export markets.

Right now, according to DI, there are around 2,000 employees in the biogas industry in Denmark.

France's gas consumption must be 100 percent biogas According to the report from Damvad Analytics, the amount of biogas in the gas networks in Denmark, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and Germany is expected to increase from a level today of 11 TWh (terawatt-hour) to 17 TWh in 2020 (did so far not happen).

The latter figure corresponds to around one million households' consumption of heat and hot water.

France has an ambition that the country's gas consumption in 2050 must be 100 percent based on biogas (maybe they changed meaning since then).

They are also an obvious export market because they also have a strong food sector that can supply the volume of biomass that is needed, says Kristian Mørk Puggaard, partner in Damvad Analytics, to DI (Danish Industry).

Dung from one cow can be converted into:

25,000 km driving in a small car (VW Up on gas)

3,600 km driving in a truck (A Scania gas truck)

Maybe correct, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links