Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F YouTube Vlog

Just finished that big Sunday dinner and hoping to grab a little nap and looking for something to send you off to sleep?

My latest YouTube vlog has just gone live on the channel covering a detail, ceramic coating and a roadtrip with the car (and drone) up the Campsies for some gorgeous scenery. 

Hopefully you enjoy.

Ross

• Like 3

Good video, jealous of the setup.  I find as I get older I’m getting more pleasure out of detailing, currently testing out both Carpro Reset and tried Gyeon restart this morning.  Worked really well on the coating with a Bilt Hamber Autofoam pre-wash, better than the carpro.  You have a preference when maintaining a ceramic?

Im south of Edinburgh, will have to meet up sometime!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Good video, jealous of the setup.  I find as I get older I’m getting more pleasure out of detailing, currently testing out both Carpro Reset and tried Gyeon restart this morning.  Worked really well on the coating with a Bilt Hamber Autofoam pre-wash, better than the carpro.  You have a preference when maintaining a ceramic?

Im south of Edinburgh, will have to meet up sometime!

Thanks, it's my home from home and spend a lot of time there so like it looking swish.

I love it, being able to support my family by doing what I enjoy make it feel like the best job in the world. Definitely one of these jobs or hobbies it's easy to obsess over! 

I've tried Reset and got on well with it, I use different decon chemicals based on what I'm doing with the car but for coated cars I like Gtechniq Ceramic Gwash.

More than welcome to ping me a message when you are nearby and can have a chat 😊 

On 2/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, Blackbeard said:

Just finished that big Sunday dinner and hoping to grab a little nap and looking for something to send you off to sleep?

My latest YouTube vlog has just gone live on the channel covering a detail, ceramic coating and a roadtrip with the car (and drone) up the Campsies for some gorgeous scenery. 

Hopefully you enjoy.

Ross

Great video & car looks fantastic - wished I lived close enough to give my RCF the same treatment.   I had the Williams ceramic coat when I bought it, but would like to get it re done after a paint correction.  Just need to find someone reputable to do it!

Out of interest what did u do with the leather seats as I’ve been concerned about treating them for fear of discolouring the white stitching?

4 hours ago, DAW said:

Great video & car looks fantastic - wished I lived close enough to give my RCF the same treatment.   I had the Williams ceramic coat when I bought it, but would like to get it re done after a paint correction.  Just need to find someone reputable to do it!

Out of interest what did u do with the leather seats as I’ve been concerned about treating them for fear of discolouring the white stitching?

Technology has moved on a bit over the last few years.  If your car has been corrected recently there may not be too much prep and you could consider doing it yourself.

I didn’t find the application much harder than applying a stubborn wax.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Technology has moved on a bit over the last few years.  If your car has been corrected recently there may not be too much prep and you could consider doing it yourself.

I didn’t find the application much harder than applying a stubborn wax.

The ceramic coat was done by the dealership & I’m not convinced the proper time would have been spent to correct the paint to the level that a detailer such as @BlackbeardRoss would. 
Good to know it’s relatively straightforward to apply, but would like a detailer’s professional advice on the paint correction side as I’ve had the car for nearly 5 years & intend on keeping it for the long term.

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2023 at 7:03 PM, DAW said:

I put Gtechniq Leather Guard on all the leather sections and Gtechniq Matt Dash on all the plastics.

The Leather Guard won't discolour your stitching bud

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 9:22 AM, DAW said:

The ceramic coat was done by the dealership & I’m not convinced the proper time would have been spent to correct the paint to the level that a detailer such as @BlackbeardRoss would. 
Good to know it’s relatively straightforward to apply, but would like a detailer’s professional advice on the paint correction side as I’ve had the car for nearly 5 years & intend on keeping it for the long term.

The paint is on the relatively soft side, do you have a DA Polisher at all and I'd gladly give you a hint on what pads and polish to use?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

The paint is on the relatively soft side, do you have a DA Polisher at all and I'd gladly give you a hint on what pads and polish to use?

Unfortunately no, have always been concerned I might accidentally damage the paint!

12 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

I put Gtechniq Leather Guard on all the leather sections and Gtechniq Matt Dash on all the plastics.

The Leather Guard won't discolour your stitching bud

Thanks for the info, I will look into that👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links