Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inherited A Toyota Soarer

dkleeman

Hi

I am new to the forum as I have just inherited a Toyota Soarer from my father who died unexpectedly.

It is a silver blue 3.0 litre GTG coupe that may be 1998 (we are checking).

I guess that I want to sell it, as no one in the family has a need for a car like this, although my father was very keen on it. Has anyone got any ideas about dealer who would be interested in this? Can anyone suggest a guide price (I know this is very hard)?

Thanks

Daniel Kleeman

London

Really sorry to hear about your father, and that you found the club under these sad circumstances.

You can check the manufacturing date of the car from the number on the VIN plate just inside the left side of the engine bay. You can then tie up the chassis number with the manufacturing table here.

The 3.0 litre version is a beautiful car, but unfortunately isn't as popular as the 2.5TT or 4.0 V8 versions, thus it doesn't command quite such good 2nd hand prices. A good idea may be to search through AutoTrader and see what people are selling for (note, Soarers are sold as both 'Lexus' and 'Toyota'). There's a '99 3.0 litre being sold by a dealer for £11,000 but that's probably a touch high? Between £9K-£10K may help it sell quicker, not sure - see what others here think?

As for selling it, I'd try selling it privately via AutoTrader or eBay first. Dealers will give you all sorts of hard luck stories about it being an import and difficult to shift, and will use that to drive the price right down, maybe even offering you just £7K or less for it. Truth is these are are easy to own as Toyota can supply parts and do servicing, plus there's a thriving owners club here.

Very best of luck.

£10k-11k at least.

It must be a beauty!

There doesn't seem to be a massive market for late Soarers for some reason, but a bit of persistence and you should get decent money for it.

I'd have it if I hadn't just bought my new one!

Hello

I see you are in London so perhaps the best person to contact is Smiffies Soarer Sanctuary who I am sure would be able to advise you and maybe locate an enthusiast who would buy it.

He is an enthusiast who happens to run this Soarer Garage and lots of people find him helpful and reasonable.

Smiffies Soarer Sanctuary web address

The directions and contacts are here too.

Good luck and sympathies for your loss.

Regards

Rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links