Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

List of UK ISF recalls

Just looking online at the different recall's carried out on ISF's in different markets. I can't find any posts about the Fuel Pressure Regulator recall being carried out in the UK. 

I am trying to figure out if this job being done, will have meant that the valley plate was lifted off and re-sealed, thus lowering chances of the valley plate leak which seems common in the states.

Is there a list on here of ISF recalls for the UK to date?

The recall in question is the same as the first listed on this page: http://m.australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=Lexus&model=IS F&gen=530

Thanks 

Thanks for the suggestion but that won't help in my case. From what I can tell, the Lexus vehicle recall check service is for the owner of any given car only and I know that mine has had that recall carried out but then mine isn't a UK supplied ISF, so I had hoped someone would remember. I am gathering though that the recall I mentioned wasn't carried out in the UK.

I was trying to get a gauge for any differences in these cars from one market to the other whether that be a design difference or enviornment, purely out of interest.

Thanks anyway

Well a couple of well known environmental differences are that in North America it's quite common for ISFs to suffer melting dashboards and eventually valley plate failures, in Europe both issues are virtually unseen.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:08 PM, EP80 said:

Just looking online at the different recall's carried out on ISF's in different markets. I can't find any posts about the Fuel Pressure Regulator recall being carried out in the UK. 

I am trying to figure out if this job being done, will have meant that the valley plate was lifted off and re-sealed, thus lowering chances of the valley plate leak which seems common in the states.

Is there a list on here of ISF recalls for the UK to date?

The recall in question is the same as the first listed on this page: http://m.australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=Lexus&model=IS F&gen=530

Thanks 

Stumbled on this thread as I just happened to be going through my newly purchased ISF's vehicle documentation. 

Mine is an Irish (ROI) import and had the fuel pressure sensor recall completed in 2015. Hope this helps in any way?

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. That is really interesting Sean, from my experience it would be rare that the Irish market gets anything above and beyond the UK market historically, but times have changed. It seems to be random whether this recall was carried out of not. From what I can tell, I am pretty sure it was carried out in all of North America, Australia, Japan and now it appears Ireland too. 

Out of curiosity, is that one of the original Irish supplied ISF's? Or was it a JDM import to Ireland? I heard there were only seven in total, I know for sure that one of them was in Galway in 2009, pretty sure it was Black. 

It appears to be a genuine Irish vehicle looking at the vehicle history and lack of any Japanese wording on the interior aha

It too was around Galway and I believe one of the previous owners was a Lexus engineer. Perhaps he was the one that carried out the recall of his own volition, rather than via recall? It was signed off as an official claim however...

• Like 1

Is this the recall for the ISF?

mine has a recall stated but Lexus are unsure what it invokes or maybe they aren’t telling me:

I found this with a bit of digging,

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2014/RCRIT-14V647-5234.pdf

Its a lot of work - I don’t think it covers the valley plate reseal.

any thoughts?

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:50 PM, BTCC_ Racer said:

Is this the recall for the ISF?

mine has a recall stated but Lexus are unsure what it invokes or maybe they aren’t telling me:

I found this with a bit of digging,

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2014/RCRIT-14V647-5234.pdf

Its a lot of work - I don’t think it covers the valley plate reseal.

any thoughts?

Thanks for posting that link, the document couldn't be more detailed. That is an awful lot of work to polish two surfaces and replace a washer. Good to know what it entails.

I can see that the valley plate didn't need to come off, just the intake manifold, oh well hopefully mine doesnt have the issue going forward.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links