Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC 2.5 300h not starting

Hi, I'm new here!

Just bought the car from the auction with the light side damage, wing and door, the car ignition is On but is not starting. car 2018

Can you advise please what I have to see  first to avoid throwing the money away?

I'm very good with the spanner but the electrics  is not my best side.

thanks

Needs to be moved to RC300h forum.

Yeah... we need more information to be able to advise. When you say not starting - what does that mean? Crank no start, no crank, completely dead? I guess "ignition ON" means that car is alive and you can cycle OFF>ACC>IG? Are there any lights? Obviously codes would be useful, but if car does not start then I assume there should be dozen lights on the dash.

Is everything connected under the bonnet, how light is "light" damage... any chance some wiring was damaged? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, andrey77 said:

Maybe getting a hybrid wasn't the best choice then because they're very electrically/electronically complicated.

First of all, do what Andrew suggests and look for any OBD codes.

Hybrids don't have a starter motor (or alternator) so the startup sequence is very different to a conventional car.

The 12V Battery boots the computers, pressurises the brakes and gets the hybrid system up and running (as shown by the READY light). Everything else is driven by the high voltage traction Battery (288V for the RX but varies by car model).

So, you get in, press your foot on the brakes and then press the power button. If everything is working as it should, a few seconds later you'll hear a beep and you'll see the READY light. At that point you can drive away on traction Battery alone, but the petrol engine will soon kick in, probably in less than a hundred metres.

When the hybrid system wants to run the petrol engine it will energise MG1 (motor/generator 1) and use that to spin the engine up to 1,000rpm, at which point it will open the injectors to supply the fuel and also apply a spark to fire it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andrey77 said:

Hi, I'm new here!

Just bought the car from the auction with the light side damage, wing and door, the car ignition is On but is not starting. car 2018

Can you advise please what I have to see  first to avoid throwing the money away?

thanks

Could be The 12v Battery is Low However.. Best Advice.. is Get It To Your Nearest Lexus Dealership to Check out what is The endemic problem/s Don,t Waste any more Money  (Or Spanners )

23 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Could be The 12v Battery is Low However.. Best Advice.. is Get It To Your Nearest Lexus Dealership to Check out what is The endemic problem/s Don,t Waste any more Money  (Or Spanners )

I hope we not going to find out the fuel tank was empty 😄 

But that is right low Battery would prevent car from starting despite it being a hybrid - I didn't mention the 12V Battery as I assumed basics like that were checked... 

Hi again. 

Got the car, charge the boot Battery, all dash lights are ON but not READY message.

Dashboard shows a few malfunction:

BOOT POP UP MALFUNCTION which is not

HYBRID SYSTEM MALFUNCTION

LINE ASSIST MALFUNCTION

Contacted two Lexus dealers but they call the car to workshop and nothing more

4 minutes ago, andrey77 said:

How to check hybrid battery fuse? thanks

Forget doing that.

First things first - get the OBD codes read and then tell us what they are. These codes point you in the direction of a fault but even then, it's only a starting point for more diagnostics.

If we don't know what codes are flagged, all we can do is guess what's wrong and that's no good to anyone.

• Like 1

SOLVED!

The car has had  started now  by reseting hybrid system.

Possible I need to re-set SRS unit to shut off the light on dashboard  but its only happen when the car would  fit together.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links