Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well a reason my dash lights up is because of those two codes. Both front wheel speed sensors. 

Nice NOT. They're built into the hubs. Over 400 quid a lexus parts direct but a helluva lot cheaper on eBay and from reliable sources (I've actually bought from one of them and no complaints).

I'm a little concerned regarding part numbers. The OEM part numbers match except for the last digit.

Are both left and right hubs the same?

Has anyone changed hubs? I've seen it's relatively easy. Just which ones to get.

My car is a 2007 model with 91k miles now. Seen a couple YouTube videos one with an is250 who had the same code. So I took both front wheels off and checked the plug and wire to the sensor which is in the hub and they seemed well. Gonna have a drive with my laptop with me and clear the codes first then see if they pop up again.

The two codes correspond to wheel speed sensor which is also the ABS sensor I think.

Do you have service/workshop manual? The codes do correspond to: DTC C0200/31 Front Speed Sensor RH Circuit and DTC C0205/32 Front Speed Sensor LH Circuit, but both are still quite uncommon faults. I would be inclined to check the wiring and validate sensor fault before throwing new hubs at it.

• Like 1

I checked the wiring yesterday. The sensor end is easy access but the other end is behind the wheel arch liner. 

I don't have a manual. I used techstream to get to the fault codes. 

I'll have to look how to test the sensor. Also get to the other end of the wire to test it.

I've seen a video of an is250 owner who had the same issue. It's because of him I'm looking into it. His solution was renewal of a wire as it was broke at the sensor end. Broke as in snapped off.

Update. I've not looked at the front wheels today because of the light on the dash telling me to take the handbrake off even tho it is off so I adjusted the cable at the pedal end and serviced the rear brakes, slider lubing etc.

Anyway took the car for a thrash to bed the brakes in and see if I can leave any black lines due to really heavy braking. 

Could feel the anti lock working which was a ruddy good sign. Basically drove like a nob over road bumps like they weren't there trying to provoke a dash light.

No dash lights. Handbrake light goes off when I take the break off so what I did yesterday in unplugging the wheel sensor plugs and back all seems well so far.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links