Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Canbus attacks on a Gen3 RX450?

Afternoon all.

Having seen the L.O.C. offer for Gold Club members of a heavily discounted Scorpion CanBus protection and Thatcham S5 offer - I am tempting myself that it's a deal I should avail myself of. (Our car is often parked in some quiet locations (!))

But before I spend my wife's beer tokens, can I ask, please, does anyone know if the Gen3 RX450's as vulnerable to canbus attack thefts as the sparkly Gen4's?

I dont know the answer to your query and no one answered my same question for the gen 2 NX.

I have pondered a while about putting a tracker etc. on my vehicle and am still not decided. I am using a disklok at present.  I have however looked at the scorpion which with the x- bus can bus protection and with a tracker is without any discounts quite expensive. The x-bus works similar to the ghost in the way it disarmed using the selected switches / buttons in the car to input the code.

the one I am tempted for is the Smartrak S5+imob  which uses a card or phone app to disarm.the immobiliser. No card no start. Cheapest I have found this is £499.00 fitted plus additional subscription fee to Smartrak.

Be interesting on members thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Eggie said:

I dont know the answer to your query and no one answered my same question for the gen 2 NX.

I have pondered a while about putting a tracker etc. on my vehicle and am still not decided. I am using a disklok at present.  I have however looked at the scorpion which with the x- bus can bus protection and with a tracker is without any discounts quite expensive. The x-bus works similar to the ghost in the way it disarmed using the selected switches / buttons in the car to input the code.

the one I am tempted for is the Smartrak S5+imob  which uses a card or phone app to disarm.the immobiliser. No card no start. Cheapest I have found this is £499.00 fitted plus additional subscription fee to Smartrak.

Be interesting on members thoughts.

TONY.. I Have also Pondered This very Question And I Am still undecided..These trackers are all well and good but there usefulness is Questionable Ie How accurate they are etc which is dependant on the technology to recover your car hopefully in one piece..Once the scumbags get your pride and joy the outcome is in my opinion very poor And once you get it back Well.. Its just not the same car..I Would much PREFER to do all possible Things to make sure It don,t go Missing in the first place IE. Car Immobiliser, Secure Steering wheel lock. CCTV At Home watching over your vehicle 24/7 And both key fobs being kept in Faraday Pouches Particularly at night..I have the Milenco steering wheel lock.. Its One of the best..Have a look at it..Keep in mind The grand Majority Of These Social Outcasts Retrobates Of Society who steal cars are Opportuinists But If A professional thief wants your car Tony Its OFF..So be vigilant of who is walking past or driving past your House and drive Regularly Because the professionals are well organised and assess the risk..Just make it too difficult for them to Whisk Your Car Away./. R

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links