Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New LEXUS LC500 CONVERTIBLE ULTIMATE EDITION 002/165

Roll on 30th March I will take delivery of a new Lexus LC500 Convertible ULTIMATE EDITION at Lexus Swindon attended by Lexus CEO Chris Hayes. There are a total of 165 cars worldwide and only 4 Convertibles for the UK market.

This will be my third LÇC

My question for the forum is "Do you think this will prove to be a good Investment?" Similar to the LFA.

• Like 3

It's only going to be a potential investment if you don't drive and put it directly into storage for 5-10 years.

Even then, unless you own the storage space you will be unlikely to see a profit vs storage cost.

• Like 1

Investment potential depends on whether you ever leave it unattended or not. Tracker and immobiliser will help.

As an existing owner you already know they’re awesome, but it’d be interesting to hear your views on the upgrades they’ve done - I’m very jealous of the 360 cameras.

Oh, and do me a huge favour, one LC convertible owner to another - ask their CEO about canbus thefts and what they’re proposing to do about it. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Philip Stone said:

My question for the forum is "Do you think this will prove to be a good Investment?" Similar to the LFA

The LFA has appreciated to a £1M car now, I’d be surprised if it managed to replicate that….

It may be a controversial opinion but whether you like him or not, the Clarkson effect is real!  He has stated numerous times that it’s his favourite car of all time and to the general punter, that will mean something.  Combined with the V10 noise that it creates I think it’s a bit of a unicorn car for Lexus….. not to be repeated.

LC500 Convertible is top of my list for replacements for the RC-F but the LFA is mythical in these parts so the LC doesn’t stand a chance!😁

• 1 month later...

Congratulations @Philip Stone

I'm collecting the coupe in couple of days, #38/165.

So, we are 2 of 5 in the UK. Would love to know about your thoughts once you get it.

• Like 1

When they arrive - PICS!! (pretty please with cream on top). I'd imagine the last of the line (in Europe at least) will be collectable one day. Congrats!

• Like 1

@eightk here are some pics of mine (not the best pics out there). Took delivery on Friday and loving the car!

20240317_075521.thumb.jpg.6fcaea065ed68c458e30b9318707b810.jpgScreenshot_20240312_210518_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b3e052c13ef59be69b4666359ee337fc.jpg20240307_130100.thumb.jpg.f4205d87b0f2094d708193473b539608.jpg

20240317_104257 (1).jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eightk said:

I do like that 'Ultimate Edition' plaque. More pics!

Thank you. I've left the car at a detailer's place to clean, install PPF and ceramic coating. Once I get it back, I will be able to take some pictures 😄

2 hours ago, Sadz said:

Thank you. I've left the car at a detailer's place to clean, install PPF and ceramic coating. Once I get it back, I will be able to take some pictures 😄

How were your insurers regarding the PPF install? 

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

How were your insurers regarding the PPF install? 

Didn't ask insurers about getting paint protection film (PPF). Does it matter to them? 

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

To some, yes. The inclusion of PPF can increase the costs of any repairs. 

Good point - mine were ok with PPF but I did tell them about every 'modification' - PPF, tracker, immobilser etc.

@Sadz definitely 110% check with Lexus, your dealer etc, that you're canbus theft proof - the '24 model should be ok but I'd definitely make sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eightk said:

Good point - mine were ok with PPF but I did tell them about every 'modification' - PPF, tracker, immobilser etc.

@Sadz definitely 110% check with Lexus, your dealer etc, that you're canbus theft proof - the '24 model should be ok but I'd definitely make sure.

Thanks @eightk@NemesisUK!
I've told my insurance about tracker.

On the day of collection, the dealership told me that my model is not canbus theft proof. I'll email them to enquire about it. I've read the public statement that Lexus did couple of days ago. Also, need to get immobiliser fitted.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:58 PM, Sadz said:

Thanks @eightk@NemesisUK!
I've told my insurance about tracker.

On the day of collection, the dealership told me that my model is not canbus theft proof. I'll email them to enquire about it. I've read the public statement that Lexus did couple of days ago. Also, need to get immobiliser fitted.

I have a cat S5 tracker that my insurers required and upgraded to include an immobiliser on that for another £100. Well worth doing. Ghost etc also works but all these solutions are invisible - I've also added a sticker off eBay in the hope the peasants will leave my bumper alone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, Sadz said:

So, we are 2 of 5 in the UK. Would love to know about your thoughts once you get it.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC previously i had an orange LC500 Sport Plus with an annoying touch screen.  This ULTIMATE EDITION is better than a Bentley.  GOOD LUCK and SAFE ENJOYABLE DRIVING. you are the s

On 3/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, Sadz said:

ole UK ULTIMATE EDITION coupe owner congratulations 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links