Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How much would you pay for a 40k mile 2014 Luxury is300h

Factoring both the current market dynamics i.e shortage of new cars, backlog of huge orders. Age of car and features.

What's a reasonable price to pay for an is300h in good condition with 40k miles.

I'm thinking 14k. Dealer listed one at almost 18k.

All depends on the condition & Service history, Trim levels, colour of interior, etc

If you go for a straight car that is HPI clear not a CAT N OR S thats been previously involved in an accident.

Expect to pay £15,000 on the lower scale ranging upto £20k + on the facelift version.

With hybrids and EV cars being in demand its resulting in these cars to retain their value. Good for a seller but not if your buying.

Realistically around £16-17k will get you a good example, the dealers cars are always over priced by at least 1-2k with the guarantee of  1 year warranty.

However even if you purchased a car from an independent trader at a reduced cost say for £16k & you go to Lexus for a service they provide 1 year warranty anyway called LEXUS RELAX, I do not see the benefit of buying from a dealer.

Owned mine for 2 years now nothing has gone wrong. 

These cars are generally very reliable no turbo, or flywheel, starter motors to worry about. Just check the tyres are in good condition no wear on the inner edges or cracked due to age, the brakes are good they last a long time but are known to squeal a clean up resolves it simply regrease the caliper slider pins & your good, check the 12v Battery is in good condition & you have nothing to worry about. The paint is soft just look out for stone chips that may turn into a rust spot. Other than this cant think of much else.

Smooth drive everybody thats been in mine has always complimented it & the satisfaction of being different than your typical German rivals like the 3 series, C class , A4 etc

• Like 4

They hold their money at the minute. I paid £13000 for my 63 plate luxury model from Lexus last year with 68k on the clock. So I think with that low mileage £15000 plus easily atm. They are not cheap cars but so reliable and comfortable they are worth the investment 

There is no simple way of answering the question... if you had at least a link to the car I believe people could point out the areas which could be used to negotiate the price down. A lot will depend on overall condition, service history, year (I guess it could be assumed 2014?) etc. #

Dealers will always list the cars at least £2k more than they would sell privately, so no surprise that they have it at £18k, where PX would probably be £14k and market in the middle of that. 

40k in grand scheme of things is low mileage car, so that obviously will increase the price. Luxury kind of counterintuitively is one of the worst trims that Lexus offered (sure they still had SE and "no-trim", but those are very rare), so from common trims of Premier, F-Sport and Luxury - the Luxury is the lowest and least desirable trim. I personally would go for higher miles older F-Sport or Premier, buy that is just personal preference.

It being just a weekend car perhaps IS300h isn't even the best choice, I consider it good for commuting and decent MPG in city, that the pros... but you saying you don't do either - so maybe get something more "fancy" and rewarding to drive?

I bought mine exactly 1 year ago. 

2014 Reg. 42k miles, Full Lexus History.  Premier (top spec) . I bought from Lexus dealer in the UK. There were very few PREMIERS on the market, and this was the best choice at the time.
Dealer price was 21k , I got it for 17,500 GBP. I bought 3 year gap insurance , knowing my car was overpriced and the insurance company would not pay out this much in case of a total loss claim.

The car came with 1 year Lexus Warranty, and complies with Lexus Relax 10 year warranty.
The car had some minor cosmetic defects , which dealer would not correct for me due to wear and tear, so inspect it with a ''fine combe''. 

My ideal price was somewhere in the 15-16k range. Had I known about the Lexus Relax , I would have bought a higher mileage, but newer model.

They are pricey cars, no doubt. You can pick them up cheaper if you buy the more basic spec models, and buy from private seller. Full Lexus warranty could come in very handy.

I believe the only options the PREMIER trim pre LICA cars could have on top were a sunroof, heated steering wheel and maybe heated front windscreen (not sure if available in the UK market).
I am not 100%, but it seems that the FCL car has an adaptive cruise as standard, and auto high beams as an option.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links