Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Keys and programming. I know it is such PITA subject.

My 2005 RX400H I suspect has a chequered history. I bought it in 2018 – it was a Northern Ireland import – which means there is a gap in its archive.

It came with one master key – chip and remote both work.

I got two more eBay chip/remote keys cut. They fit the ignition, turn, light dashboard but no "READY".

Using Techstream (this guy gives the full load up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBwz3GT2g8 ) I got 3 historical (not current) Immobiliser codes B2793,4,and 5. Clearly there was a key issue in the past. TIS 'immobilizer' 'add new transponder' option, not 'key' oddly enough (the other was the 'erase transponder') simply never worked...120 seconds master in out, new key in 20 seconds yadda yadda. Always a Key to ECU communication error.

Just wondering if anyone knows a reliable, reasonably priced key coder in the Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells area (not the dealership) that might be able to force the issue.

Any reasonably competent auto locksmith will be able to clone your existing working key, i.e. make an identical copy of it, so that adding a new key to the ECU isn't necessary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Job done. 2 keys cut £6 each. £25 for 2 x transponder flashes.

Now have to work out how to get 2 x remotes working. Techstream tells me max 4 keys are programmed (all missing) ergo no room for more remotes.

With only one key working as a remote it's a head-scratcher how to delete all remotes and then reset. You need two remotes to delete them all and start afresh.

Ugh. Sure I'm missing something.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links