Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Android Auto

wecpc

This weekend my ES was too have its first long distance drive. I turned on Mobile Hotspot and Bluetooth tethering on my mobile, a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I plugged it into the car and up came a message whether to make it a default or something later, so I chose to do try it later as I wanted to try out the default Lexus option first. The first problem I had was in the route selection as it timed out in a couple of seconds while I was trying to see what route to select. Another problem was I could find no way of increasing the volume as it was way too soft to hear it clearly over the noise of traffic etc, the volume controls on the steering wheel had no effect at all and I could find nothing in the settings to change it. On my way around the M25 in terrible driving conditions with the rain lashing down, the navigation was continually trying to make me turn off the route I had selected, but it seemed to be OK when I got on to the M40. I think it is the worst sat nav system I have ever had, I thought the Jaguar system was bad but this is far worse. I have always preferred the TomTom system software as the best. 

I decided on my return journey to use android auto and use either my TomTom AmiGo or Google which I had installed on my mobile but when I plugged it in with the USB cable which had recognised it previously, now decided to not show the android auto option at all and nothing I could change in the system would display it. So what am I doing wrong, can anyone help me or will I have to go to the my dealer to sort it out.

Disregarding this problem the ES was a joy to drive on my return journey with the adaptive cruise control and lane centering which was all very new to me and it achieved 55mpg cruising at 70mph for most of the journey. 

1 hour ago, wecpc said:

This weekend my ES was too have its first long distance drive. I turned on Mobile Hotspot and Bluetooth tethering on my mobile, a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I plugged it into the car and up came a message whether to make it a default or something later, so I chose to do try it later as I wanted to try out the default Lexus option first. The first problem I had was in the route selection as it timed out in a couple of seconds while I was trying to see what route to select. Another problem was I could find no way of increasing the volume as it was way too soft to hear it clearly over the noise of traffic etc, the volume controls on the steering wheel had no effect at all and I could find nothing in the settings to change it. On my way around the M25 in terrible driving conditions with the rain lashing down, the navigation was continually trying to make me turn off the route I had selected, but it seemed to be OK when I got on to the M40. I think it is the worst sat nav system I have ever had, I thought the Jaguar system was bad but this is far worse. I have always preferred the TomTom system software as the best. 

I decided on my return journey to use android auto and use either my TomTom AmiGo or Google which I had installed on my mobile but when I plugged it in with the USB cable which had recognised it previously, now decided to not show the android auto option at all and nothing I could change in the system would display it. So what am I doing wrong, can anyone help me or will I have to go to the my dealer to sort it out.

Disregarding this problem the ES was a joy to drive on my return journey with the adaptive cruise control and lane centering which was all very new to me and it achieved 55mpg cruising at 70mph for most of the journey. 

I have now eventually solved the audio volume problem and the android auto problem. I uninstalled android auto on my mobile which took out Lexus as the last used device and then reinstalled. I then found the preferred option on the ES was set to Lexus but when my mobile was plugged in, I had other options including android auto and from that I could either select Google maps or TomTom AmiGo, although they both appeared to be a smaller screen rather than the full screen on the Lexus option. The audio problem was that the voice playback setting was too low. I do not know how I managed to miss that, I suppose I just assumed the steering wheel control should have done that rather than delving into system settings, that's the problem of trying to do things in a hurry and getting very frustrated in the process.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links