Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ULEZ compliance for a May 2017 RX 450h F Sport

I've recently bought an RX 450h F Sport with a reg date 5 May 2017 having believed it was ULEZ compliant. However, having driven into London a week ago I've now received a penalty fine for the car not being compliant.

I've searched 2 other similar vehicles on 66 & 67 plates and both are ULEZ compliant. I'm at a lost as to why my car, same spec, is deemed to be non compliant, can anyone throw any light on this situ or had a similar issue

Thanks

19 hours ago, BobJS said:

I've recently bought an RX 450h F Sport with a reg date 5 May 2017 having believed it was ULEZ compliant. However, having driven into London a week ago I've now received a penalty fine for the car not being compliant.

I've searched 2 other similar vehicles on 66 & 67 plates and both are ULEZ compliant. I'm at a lost as to why my car, same spec, is deemed to be non compliant, can anyone throw any light on this situ or had a similar issue

Thanks

It should be compliant. Only thing I can think of is if it's had a reg plate change and the records haven't updated. Have you transfered a personal plate from a non compliant car?

The problem might be that the data from DVLA to TFL is not updated on a daily basis.

On your PCN there should be an option to appeal which you can send details of your V5 document to TFL.

If you get a refusal don't give up as that's what they want you to do. and carry the appeal through so you might have to go to a tribunal which you will surely succeed with the info you have from your V5.

Best of luck and don't be put off by any initial response from TFL.

Thanks.

I've actually written (email) to Lexus Head Office and they replied immediately confirming that my car was ULEZ compliant being Euro 6 emissions status. 

So, will send this to TFL

23 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

It should be compliant. Only thing I can think of is if it's had a reg plate change and the records haven't updated. Have you transfered a personal plate from a non compliant car?

Yes, i added my personal plate which is now on log book from my previous car, a jaguar which was non compliant. 

So, this shouldn't be an issue now 🤷‍♂️

I assume you checked your reg number on the tfl website.

The ulez doesn't come in to force until september.the lez is in force now but only inside the north and south circular.what part of London did you drive in.i would object to the fine as you can have your say.i had a similar experience a year ago driving over the bridge on the M25 I had paid the toll the day before but got a letter saying that I didn't pay and will be fined.i sent copies of the online receipt.2 weeks later in get the response they will waive the fine but don't do it again.

I'm afraid you have to deal with idiots on computers.good luck anyway

John 

2 hours ago, BobJS said:

I've actually written (email) to Lexus Head Office and they replied immediately confirming that my car was ULEZ compliant being Euro 6 emissions status. 

So, will send this to TFL

You may need to send a copy of your V5 too as confirmation.

On 4/6/2023 at 2:35 PM, BobJS said:

Thanks

It's you Private plate. Had the same issue with my ES300h registered 12/2022. Took Tfl at least 6 weeks to get update that my Plate was no longer on a non-complainant vehicle. Even though the Enforcement letter stated my current car. Just send a copy of your V5 and the matter should be cleared within 28 days.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links